Dvd arch 5.0a crashes 64bit machine at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Old February 27th, 2009, 09:43 PM   #1
Major Player

Dvd arch 5.0a crashes 64bit machine

DVD ARCH 5.0A CRASHES on my computer when I select the make DVD tab.
Isolated the problem to the LG Blu-ray Burner remove it everything worked fine withe the regular burner, I decided to buy a Pioneer same problem when I select the make DVD tab my computer blue screens and re-boots the burner works ok with nero. MY operating system is windows xp 64 bit Dual QUAD core
Brian Rhodes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 28th, 2009, 08:40 AM   #2
Sponsor: JET DV

Can you use DVD Architect to PREPARE the DVD and then use Nero to BURN the DVD?
Edward Troxel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 28th, 2009, 10:46 AM   #3
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward Troxel View Post
Can you use DVD Architect to PREPARE the DVD and then use Nero to BURN the DVD?

I can input the files into DVD ACH when I select MAKE DVD tab to configure the settings BLU-Screen

I am editing with Vegas 8.0c and using Nero 9 unitil I can figure out out the problem .

I was using Vegas 8.1 worked great but my cineform codec does dot work with 8.1 had to re-install 8.0c. I talked to the people at Cineform Sony as all there info it will prob. work with Vegas 9 when it is released. This 64 bit has been nothing but of trouble.
Old February 28th, 2009, 10:58 AM   #4

There is an option in the preferences that reads "Skip drive database...". You might see if changing that option helps any.

So you can't go to File - Make DVD at all? Usually you can at least get that far and then only choose the "Prepare DVD" option.
Old March 31st, 2009, 01:01 PM   #5
Tourist

DVD Architect Crashing with "Make DVD"

Hi Edward,

Was wondering if you resovled the issue with your DVD Architect crashing when you push "Make DVD." I am having the same problem.

I'm also running an XP Pro 64 bit system.

I haven't found a solution.
Daniel Davis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 31st, 2009, 02:29 PM   #6

It's not crashing on me. However, I believe you'll find you're running an unsupported OS for that product.That could be part of the problem.
Old March 31st, 2009, 04:29 PM   #7
Inner Circle

I am running DVD Architect 5.0 with two LG burners one SD and the other Bluray with no problems on Vista 64. My only problem is that Cineform NEoScene and DVD Architect 5.0a dont' seem to like one another. Converts have no audio. DVD Architect 5.0 is OK.

Ron Evans
Ron Evans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 2nd, 2009, 06:49 AM   #8
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel Davis View Post
Hi Edward,

Was wondering if you resovled the issue with your DVD Architect crashing when you push "Make DVD." I am having the same problem.

I'm also running an XP Pro 64 bit system.

I haven't found a solution.

I have not resovled the problem I will give Sony a call today. I am using Nero 9 for now.
I have tried two different Blu-ray burners Pioneer and Lg. If I diconnect the Blu-ray burners DVD Architect works with regular dvd burner installed.
Old April 2nd, 2009, 03:57 PM   #9
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Evans View Post
I am running DVD Architect 5.0 with two LG burners one SD and the other Bluray with no problems on Vista 64. My only problem is that Cineform NEoScene and DVD Architect 5.0a dont' seem to like one another. Converts have no audio. DVD Architect 5.0 is OK.

Ron Evans
That's quite interesting. I run very much the same system and have the same issue with Neo Scene. I thought it was just me.
Jack Bellford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 2nd, 2009, 04:00 PM   #10
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Rhodes View Post
I have not resovled the problem I will give Sony a call today. I am using Nero 9 for now.
I have tried two different Blu-ray burners Pioneer and Lg. If I diconnect the Blu-ray burners DVD Architect works with regular dvd burner installed.
I don't think Sony will help you on this issue. XP Pro 64 is not supported and therefore they will not afford you any assistance.
Jack Bellford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 2nd, 2009, 10:22 PM   #11
Regular Crew

I am running Vista 64 with Vegas Pro and DVDA 5.0 and using an LG BD burner and have had no problems burning disks.
Rick Diaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 3rd, 2009, 08:43 PM   #12
Regular Crew

I also had problems after upgrading to Vista 64 bit and when I went back to DVDA 5.0 everything worked.
Andy Todzia is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...