XDCAM Native to Vegas? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Old March 1st, 2009, 03:38 PM   #1
Regular Crew

XDCAM Native to Vegas?

never tried this, but need to make sure. We have 5 tapes from an XDCAM the 335. Need to ingest in Vegas in HD but dont have the deck to do it. I will be having dupe house either transfer to drive or make tape copy back to mini HDV. Seems like direct to drive is best. But I dont know if the high bit depth of this cam will trip up vegas timeline, or slow it down to a crawl. Anyone?

thanks

Last edited by Fred Helm; March 1st, 2009 at 03:39 PM. Reason: sp
Fred Helm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 2nd, 2009, 06:33 AM   #2
Major Player

you'll be fine (assuming your dup house don't supply you uncompressed AVIs that is.)

We cut XDCAM HD and HDV together on our timelines with no problem. (although I do edit with proxies from XDCAM HD) maybe your dup house could supply you with something similar or maybe you could use something like Cineform to convert you material into an intermediate AVI?

I've also ingested footage straight from FIREWIRE out on the back of DVCPro cameras before. I'm afraid I'm a cameraman so can't give you detailed technical specifics as to why and how....I just plug in and it seems to work! It's a great edit package. In contrast I tried the same on our AVid laptop and it died.
Stuart Campbell is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...