DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   What Happens in Vegas... (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/what-happens-vegas/)
-   -   Vegas 8 DVD Architect 4 or 5 (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/what-happens-vegas/145480-vegas-8-dvd-architect-4-5-a.html)

Mike McKay March 9th, 2009 05:09 PM

Vegas 8 DVD Architect 4 or 5

I see that upgrades to Vegas 8 with DVDA are now down to $99 on B&H but with DVDA 4 while Video Guys has $149 with DVDA 5 (and some other extra stuff)....does anyone know if there's much difference between 4 & 5. Will both create BD discs?

Mike Kujbida March 9th, 2009 06:52 PM

From the DVDA 5.0 readme:

New features in version 5.0

* Burning to Blu-ray Disc
* Full-screen previewing to secondary Windows display
* Support for opening MPEG-2 and AVCHD video files
* Support for using AC3 and PCM audio with HD video
* Support for creating .iso files and burning to DVD or Blu-ray Disc

Notable fixes/changes in version 5.0a

* Added support for markers rendered in AVC by Vegas Pro 8.0c.
* Improved stability when working with projects containing a large number of files.
* Fixed a bug that caused In/Out points to be ignored within Blu-ray Disc projects.
* Fixed a bug that prevented the Initial audio track, Initial subtitle track, and Initial video angle settings from working properly within Blu-ray Disc projects.

Edward Troxel March 10th, 2009 07:34 AM

You might also want to look here:
http://www.dvinfo.net/conf/what-happ...-software.html

Mike McKay March 10th, 2009 11:03 PM

That seems good, but it's saying my serial number for Vegas 6 is not valid ?? So I can't buy it from them, really not wanting to have to be on hold forever trying to resolve. Looks like the same price from Video Guys even with the 35% discount (and they include extra content), but what I can't find anywhere is if DVD Architect 4 can be upgraded to 5. Apparently there is a DVDA 4.5 that can be...so can you free upgrade 4 to 4.5 ?
Not really the smoothest most informative upgrade path here Sony.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Edward Troxel (Post 1025394)

Edward Troxel March 11th, 2009 07:24 AM

DVD Architect 4 came with Vegas Pro 7.

DVD Architect 4.5 came with Vegas Pro 8.

DVD Architect 4.5 was NOT a free upgrade from DVD Architect 4.

DVD Architect 5 *IS* a free upgrade from DVD Architect 4.5

So make sure the Vegas Pro 8 version you get does include DVD Architect and you should be able to go to DVD Architect 5.

Mike McKay March 11th, 2009 07:59 PM

Thanks, I simply could not find that info anywhere. Now if I can just confirm that my serial number from V6 is actually going to work.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Edward Troxel (Post 1025954)
DVD Architect 4 came with Vegas Pro 7.

DVD Architect 4.5 came with Vegas Pro 8.

DVD Architect 4.5 was NOT a free upgrade from DVD Architect 4.

DVD Architect 5 *IS* a free upgrade from DVD Architect 4.5

So make sure the Vegas Pro 8 version you get does include DVD Architect and you should be able to go to DVD Architect 5.

Edward Troxel March 12th, 2009 06:27 AM

If you need to look up your serial number, All you need to do is go to Sony's site to look up your account. It will show your serial numbers for all registered products.

If you're looking at the "Help - About" screen to find the serial number, newer versions do show the serial numbers but the number shown on older versions was NOT the serial number. So perhaps what you're using isn't really the serial number?

Mike McKay March 12th, 2009 02:46 PM

Yes, I was looking in "help - about". I found the manual this morning that has the printed SN inside and phoned Sony, they said it was all good. Haven't tried it yet, because I want to buy from B&H as it's only $99 ($152 from Sony), was just a bit confused about DVDA 4 vs 4.5. B&H site says inlcludes DVD Architect 4....I phoned to confirm if it's 4.5 to get the free update to 5 but nobody knew and said if says 4 then it's 4. But if you are correct and Vegas Pro 8 only shipped with 4.5 then it should be 4.5 if 4 only shipped with Vegas 7. I just want to make sure I get DVDA 4.5. Would you be 100% that this B&H product would be in fact 4.5, if you look under 'specs' is says 4?
Thanks for all your help.

Sony | Upgrade to Vegas Pro 8 Video Editing Software | SVDVD8006

Quote:

Originally Posted by Edward Troxel (Post 1026492)
If you need to look up your serial number, All you need to do is go to Sony's site to look up your account. It will show your serial numbers for all registered products.

If you're looking at the "Help - About" screen to find the serial number, newer versions do show the serial numbers but the number shown on older versions was NOT the serial number. So perhaps what you're using isn't really the serial number?

Edward Troxel March 12th, 2009 03:34 PM

Vegas Pro 8 shipped with DVD Architect 4.5.