Vegas UK phone support. at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Old March 10th, 2009, 05:00 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Vegas UK phone support.

Hi, does anyone know the correct phone number for Vegas UK support, the one on the website is not recognised (0800 0281457).
Would you believe Sony UK head office have no knowledge of this product!Mike
Michael Threadgold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 10th, 2009, 11:09 PM   #2

Sony UK manages their techsupport through their dealer distribution network (as do most non-US Sony offices). It's the same in Australia, Singapore, and Malaysia. I've occasionally been on the other end of those calls when visiting.

Anyway...I don't know who the main distributor of Vegas is in the UK. Find out who that is, you'll likely have the answer. Or, call the US #... not optimal but it's there.
What's the technical question? I'll bet this forum can answer it very quickly, unless it's registration related.
http://www.vasst.com
Douglas Spotted Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 11th, 2009, 01:59 AM   #3
Inner Circle

Mike, if you use the UK number here: Sony Creative Software - Support - Technical Support (scroll down to 'Phone Support - International Customers') you will be connected with a US-based support rep. It's a freephone number : 0800 028 1475. I include the link above because it also has the address for email support, a link to the knowledgebase, as well as numbers for users in other countries.

Note the hours of operation : 8:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. CST, Monday through Friday, i.e. 6 hours behind, giving UK users access between 2pm and midnight (which, of course, are the hours I like to edit - perfect!).

I have only ever used the Customer Services number, not tech support, and have found them to be extremely helpful. For all technical questions, I do exactly what Spot mentioned above - search, then post in this forum.
Ian Stark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 11th, 2009, 04:51 AM   #4
Regular Crew

Phonr support

Thanks for replying Ian and Douglas(Wow the famous DSE!).
Due to onset of old age I've transposed the last 2 digits! All OK now.
Seeing as you asked I wanted SCS opinion on type speed and setup of HDD for a new computer. My builder wants to know how Vegas works so that he can advise.
All the info. on the forum is anecdotal and doesn't relate to explanation of why?
I tried a post but no real answers.
Everybody seems to approve of separate drive for O/S and applications. Sep. capture and render and storage. One suggeted another drive for temp.;Veg;Pre-render etc.
I'm not looking for redundancy or ultimate speed just reliability. My old P4 makes Vegas behave erratically! don't want any more of that.
I've always edited in HD then rendered to DV for quality. I'd now like to try Blu-ray.The PC will be an I7 based system.
Sorry to be a pain- but feel good about bringing the US and Hampshire together!Michael
Michael Threadgold is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...