Video Sticks at Transition point rendering at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Old March 19th, 2009, 09:09 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Video Sticks at Transition point rendering

I shot some vacation video with my SR12 and HMC150, edited in timeline and came up with about 14 mins of video. Sometimes, near the end of the time line, while previewing, the video would "stick" at a transition point of one clip. The audio continues on its merry way, but the video shutters and acts as if it is in a millisecond loop. I removed suspected problem files completely, replaced (or sometimes just left out) and the problem would occur in other place, almost always near end of project but at no common point on timeline. Closed and reopened Vegas 8.0 (and upgraded 8.1) watched entire project run smoothly but same problem would reoccur during the render process (both .mov and wmv).
I have a new quad core Dell, have tried this with and without "multicam editing" enabled, basic overlap transitions and a few clips slowed down for slo-mo.
Just wondering if there is something basic that I am missing or possible suggestions for trouble shooting.

Thanks in advance,
Doug
Doug Marcum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 20th, 2009, 12:27 PM   #2
Regular Crew

I had a clip near the end that had been slowed down (slo-mo) which I changed back to normal rate and my problem went away.
Doug Marcum is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...