DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   What Happens in Vegas... (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/what-happens-vegas/)
-   -   2 camera editing (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/what-happens-vegas/146506-2-camera-editing.html)

Dror Levi March 24th, 2009 12:34 PM

2 camera editing

After syncing the 2 cameras footage on the time line I started with the editing and got to the middle of the project.
Then I found out I am off sync with one of the events.
how do i re sync this specific event?

Dror Levi March 24th, 2009 05:00 PM

please help

J.J. Kim March 24th, 2009 06:03 PM

Please be more specific.
Is it a performance? Concert? Party?
Did recording ever stopped during the event?
Did you sync by audio or video? Because if the distance of 2 cameras is different, there might be 1 or 2 frames off to each other if you synced by audio.
Was there any frame drop at any point? Review each footage carefully all the way through.
Give us more details so that we can help.

JJ

Don Bloom March 24th, 2009 06:14 PM

Dror,
There could be a dropped frame somewhere or it could be that the 2 cameras used just don't sync 100%. I've seen it happen.
However you can split the events and move the offending event by useing the number pad to resync. Use 1/3 and 4/6 to move in very small increments to resync the clips

Chuck Pullen March 24th, 2009 06:15 PM

First Questions

I've done this TOO many times, so that now I am starting to learn my lessons... Did it drift or did someone stop tape? If it drifted, that is most likely because one camera may have been NDF and the other Drop-frame. If that is the case you can stretch or shrink the camera track by I think it’s .03 % every hour or something (someone else may know)

If someone stopped tape, easiest solution is to stop the project at that point, create a new project and merge the two when you are finished. There is another way, where you select that camera take and slide it, but I’ve never got that to work in the long run.

Also, when doing multi camera edits, I always save with new file names all the time (I.E. raw, synced, switched) that way I can go back and figure out where I went wrong.

Chuck

Dale Guthormsen March 24th, 2009 06:22 PM

Good afternoon,

I have never had a long multi camera project that did not need some realigning along the way.

to answer the How.

I always find the first out of sinc portion, back up a little further where they are similar, split them

I then expand the audio tracks in height and width (with the scroll wheel).

I then find the same audio waves and line them up to the frame. Sometimes I have to move it a couple times to get it perfect if I do not have a big spike in the wave to work to.

It takes a little practice too.

Dror Levi March 24th, 2009 07:06 PM

Maybe I was not clear.
It is a wedding footage, about 2.5 hours on the time line and about 20 different sections from each camera(events).
I already sync theme together and created multicamera track.
after half way of the editing i got to section number 10 and i found that this one is out of sync.(but not the others)
See, what I do is going section by section of both camera footage and match it with the audio track.
I just wonder how can i re sync this specific section since it is already in one multicamera track?

Sam Houchins II March 24th, 2009 11:40 PM

Try right clicking the header of the multicamera track (the left section of the track where the opacity slider is), and choose "expand track layers" from the pop-up menu. This should reveal the seperate takes to allow you to access a specific clip. You can go back and uncheck the option to restore to single, collapsed view.
Of course, be wary of both the status of your ripple effect button, and what may be grouped, othrewise changing one element can secretly affect other elements.
Progressive saves with different names (001, 001b, 002, etc.) leaves a breadcrumb trail to retrace such mystery mistakes.
Did that do it?

Edward Troxel March 25th, 2009 07:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dale Guthormsen (Post 1032938)
I have never had a long multi camera project that did not need some realigning along the way.

WOW... Mine have always stayed in sync all the way through unless we stopped a camera for some reason.

To answer the original question, you really need to verify all is in sync all the way through BEFORE creating the multi-cam track.

You can also look at the various script options for multicam which keep the original tracks separate making it easier to adjust individual tracks after the fact.

However, since you're in the situation you're in, you'll need to adjust that particular TAKE to be back in sync.