Vegas Video discussions from 2004 (Q1Q2) - Page 102 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Closed Thread

Old April 29th, 2004, 07:23 PM   #1516
Inner Circle

HA! I'm not laughing at anyone but myself. I've been using Ecalibur since it 1st came out, Edward has given me personalized help via email and after going to Vegas 5 and Excalibur 2 upgrade for Vegas 5 I started a test project and for the life of me I could not get Excalibur to work right. Man, talk about being nutso! It worked fine in Vegas 4, I tried it, it worked! Not in 5. What the @#$%$#@!!!!
I'm about ready to email Edward and Gary to give them a piece of my mind (not a big piece as I don't have much left) and suddenly the lights went on. YEP! SHO'nuff! For some reason in Vegas 5 when I would go to use Excalibur I would forget to highlite the tracks, but in Vegas 4 I did! Must have something to do with a number fixation or the like, anyway I think most anytime we have a problem with most software, especially Excalibur, it is definately OPERATOR ERROR! or as my son the IT guy says, "it's a I-D-10-T Error"!
Aw man, doncha just love it.
Glad you got it squared away.
Don B.
(Now if I could only get the little wizard guy in Excalibur to vacuum the floors.... :-)
Old April 29th, 2004, 08:31 PM   #1517
Sponsor: JET DV

Lorinda, you should be able to access the manual by going to Start - Programs - Excalibur. The PDF file is linked in that menu. If you want to look for it directly, it is installed in the same folder that Excalibur is installed in.
Old April 29th, 2004, 11:20 PM   #1518
Wrangler

Great technical help, encouragement, & some laughs--it doesn't get any better than that!

...Of course, having the little wizard doing some vacuuming would be pretty good, too. :)
Old April 30th, 2004, 07:09 AM   #1519

We'd already have the floors in there. However, the proper API calls aren't available yet for that. :)
Old April 30th, 2004, 12:26 PM   #1520

Vegas 5.0 VASST tour officially announced

Hey gang, the official Sony/VASST announcement is out for the Vegas 5 VASST tour, featuring myself and Gary Kleiner. We've added a couple cities, but more importantly, added a FREE evening event sponsored by Sony, where we'll be showing quite a bit of software, and going over some of the new features and workflow of the Sony Media Software tools on the evening before the 8 hour VASST training day in each city.
Specifics, including discount information, registration links for both the free and paid events can be found at
www.vasst.com/mailers/sonyblast.htm
Don't forget to check out the Vegas 5 veg contest, some great prizes there, too.
Gary and I are looking forward to meeting you all on the road!
Check out the free Sony Media Software Showcase as well.
http://www.vasst.com
Old April 30th, 2004, 01:30 PM   #1521
Regular Crew

Thank you - here's the link

all upgrade prices

http://linkzip.com?metal5b
Old May 1st, 2004, 03:15 PM   #1522
Major Player

Vegas and Wacom

Anyone ever tried using a Wacom tablet with Vegas?

Might be useful with the new spline-based masking capability.

Scott
Old May 1st, 2004, 06:41 PM   #1523
Wrangler

I have a Wacom Intuos 2 (8X6) but haven't tried it in Vegas yet. The new masking is in the Pan/Crop dialog and is only Bezier based as far as I know. Using the Wacome for bezier style masks wouldn't add any benefit...in fact it's easier to point and click with a mouse.
Old May 1st, 2004, 06:42 PM   #1524
Wrangler

Can you tell us more about the Vegas 5 .VEG contest? Thanks.
Old May 1st, 2004, 08:33 PM   #1525
Regular Crew

Pasting new event automatically create crossfade...

HI all,

I finished my editing a week ago but my customer want to add footage from another tape.

Everytime i do so it creates a crossfade and push the rest of the timeline further. Strange because i use to do that all week end long last week and the pasted event would act as an independant entity that i could move around but debalancing the timeline.

Any ideas for a remedy.

Thx a bunch

Phil
Old May 1st, 2004, 08:48 PM   #1526
Inner Circle

DVDA and dual layer burns

in the preferences of DVDa u can assign the "media size"

Now does anyone know if this means that i can type in 8.5gb and it will burn on the new Sony INT DUAL-LAYER DVD BURNER DRU700A....

its teh new dual layer burner from sony...

any thoughts, ideas......??
Old May 1st, 2004, 08:51 PM   #1527
Regular Crew

Looks like i found my solution :

turn off auto crossfade

turn off aut ripple.

Man that was simple , but one thing remains , hope someone has the answer to that.

When i move the new event on the timeline sometimes it will be above and sometimes it will go underneath the event he is crossing.

Is there any rule that dictate that behavior?

Thx

Phil
Old May 1st, 2004, 09:15 PM   #1528

You can type in 8.5 but I don't believe that DVDA is set up yet to record to dual layer discs. I'm sure it would be clearly stated if it did.
Old May 1st, 2004, 09:42 PM   #1529
Regular Crew

DVDA: How to make multiple titles play continuiously?

I create a menu based project, have several mpg2 files and drag-drop them on the menu. Now, once the DVD start to play, it displays menu, if I select first title, it plays first title only and after it's done, it returns back to menu...
What I need is like sigle moview mode(plays continiously untile end), but I have several files not a sigle avi/mpeg...what's the trick? Thanks for your post.
Old May 1st, 2004, 10:04 PM   #1530

Set and end action on the first file to point to the second file. Add an end action on the second file to point to the third file.

This assumes you are using DVDA 2. Can't be done in DVDA1 without workarounds.
Closed Thread

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...