Vegas Video discussions from 2004 (Q1Q2) - Page 142 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Closed Thread

Old June 29th, 2004, 04:56 PM   #2116
Slash Rules!

Thanks. I found a site called www.1001freefonts.com that has a ton of true type fonts, so I guess I can probably find whatever I need there.
Old June 29th, 2004, 05:45 PM   #2117
Major Player

Josh,

Thanks for the 1001freefonts link. It'll come in handy for my next project's titles.
Old June 30th, 2004, 05:59 AM   #2118
Inner Circle

also go and visit dolby.com for technical info regarding bitrates and encoding routines..
Old June 30th, 2004, 08:48 AM   #2119
Inner Circle

i thought about the PAL vs NTSC and i think thats the case, however im using the SAME intros in DVDA1 and i can easily skip this step and let it author the files untouched..

basically the TSA doesnt alow me to manipulate the material provided by Dolby.. :(
Old June 30th, 2004, 09:00 AM   #2120
RED Code Chef

Well if you are in PAL land and you have NTSC footage there is
no way around that. Unless you can get PAL footage from them.

Anyway it should not matter much. If you do it correctly they
cannot see you re-rendered the footage.

Rob Lohman, visuar@iname.com
DV Info Wrangler & RED Code Chef

Join the DV Challenge | Lady X

Search DVinfo.net for quick answers | Buy from the best: DVinfo.net sponsors
Old June 30th, 2004, 10:55 AM   #2121
Regular Crew

Veggie Toolkit Beta Testers Wanted

I am making available some of the Vegas script tools that I have written over the past year or so. I have tested them on my machine, but I would like to get some other Vegas users to try them out. The tools in the toolkit are:

CaptureCutter - a workflow enhancement tool to speed up capturing video tapes and reduce wear and tear on the tapes. Can also be used to render multiple regions or in/out markers of your project to individual files.

TimeBandit - a effects tool to speed up or slow down multiple events beyond the limits of Vegas's built in support. It can slice video into a sequence of single frames to get extreme speedup effects.

MultiRender - yet another rendering tool to automate the rendering of multiple jobs from multiple projects. I originally wrote this before Vegas 5.0's network rendering came out.

For more information and to get the beta, go to:

http://www.peachrock.com/software/veggie-toolkit.html

Thanks,

Randall Campbell
Old June 30th, 2004, 02:34 PM   #2122
Regular Crew

Looks good. I'll download it when I get home tonight. Thanks!

"I like Mankato just a little bit better than any other town in the world." -Sinclair Lewis
Old June 30th, 2004, 03:46 PM   #2123
Regular Crew

Vegas 5 timeline question

I just recieved my V5 production bundle upgrade. I have a dual monitor set-up, question, Is there any way to expand the timeline across both monitors? If so how? I have been able to move everything else around except that. Also I recieved the magic bullet plug in as well as the lite version of boris. The boris works, but when I try to install the magic bullet plug in, it errors out. It then shows up in the start up menu, but the only option that it will allow is to uninstall it. Anyone else had this issue?
Old June 30th, 2004, 04:03 PM   #2124
Sponsor: JET DV

For Magic Bullet, I believe you have to download an updated installation program.

For dual monitors, you should be able to simply expand Vegas over both screens.
Old June 30th, 2004, 04:10 PM   #2125
Regular Crew

Are there certain keys that I have to use to do it? I try to drag it over, but it just won't go. The magic bullet thing makes sense though, my system is not connected to online service. Also, do you know the link for that software update? Since it came with the bundle, I am not sure if Red Giant would offer it or not.
Old June 30th, 2004, 06:01 PM   #2126
Regular Crew

When you get the fonts, do you just import them into vegas? Also, if you do, do they stay in there? (like when you select insert text)
Old June 30th, 2004, 08:04 PM   #2127
Regular Crew

Most dumb and basic question you've ever heard

How do I remove (delete) a section of video/audio from the center of my clip? I'm deleting this question if I can after I find the answer because it's so bad. I just can't figure it out...
Old June 30th, 2004, 08:16 PM   #2128
Regular Crew

Are the dual monitors set up side by side or vertically in windows display options? You may need to drag the window down instead of accross.
Old June 30th, 2004, 08:20 PM   #2129

Definitely check the settings on your graphics card and make sure it is set for side by side monitors instead of the same signal going to both monitors or, as Jason mentioned, top & bottom.

I believe the update IS on Red Giant's website but I do not have the link.
Old June 30th, 2004, 08:23 PM   #2130

Create a region around the section you want to delete (click and drag). Now you can just press the delete key and that area should be removed. If you have ripple turned on, the area will also be closed (clips to the right will move left to fill the hole.
Closed Thread

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...