Vegas Video discussions from 2004 (Q1Q2) - Page 19 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Closed Thread

Old February 5th, 2004, 02:06 PM   #271
Sponsor: JET DV

In my experience, DVDA has not been picky at all. I have an A03 so I'm limited to "-" media but it has worked with a couple different brands.

As for using another program to burn, yes that is very doable. Just add the Audio_TS and Video_TS folders created by DVDA into the other program and tell it to burn the DVD. I have, on occasion, used Prassi PrimoDVD to burn the folders created by DVDA but now use DVDA to burn almost all the time.
Old February 5th, 2004, 02:55 PM   #272
Wrangler

Oddly enough I find myself dragging the effect from the effects palette the the clip- not that I need the animated references for the various effects. Maybe a left-over habit from my Premiere days. lol
Old February 5th, 2004, 05:31 PM   #273
Regular Crew

OK, I tried one last time with the TDK in DVDA and it actually let me choose the device this time but the drive speed window was empty. I clicked 'finish' anyway and I got an, "Error 0x8004e0c8" which I am assuming is the missing speed setting.

So, I burned the _TS folders on the TDK disc with Roxio 6 and it worked fine. It plays in 2 of my 3 DVD players, the third being a first gen Toshiba that I didn't expect to play in anyway, whew!
I bet it's my Plextor being picky & not DVDA.

It sure was gratifying to see the finished DVD on my 36" TV.

Thanks Don & Ed!

Shane
Old February 5th, 2004, 07:28 PM   #274
Major Player

Edward, thanx for your help... but I think I have logged the clips, and I think I have a device control enabled.

So Iīll write every step of what Iīm doing to see if you see something I canīt.

1.- Open VEgas
2.- FILE -> CAPTURE VIDEO
3.- Name my tape, donīt capture clips now
(DEVICE STOPPED)
4.- go to ADVANCED CAPTURE
Device works just fine... I can control the cam from Video Capture with no problem. Can set in and outs.. capture them.. play them, go to specific timecode.. etc..

5.- Select Timecode IN and OUT.
6.- Push LOG IN/OUT button. (the clip name on top changes to TAPENAME - Clip 001 and so).
7.- Repeat 5 and 6 as as many times as needed.
8.- TRANSPORT -> ADVANCED CAPTURE... and....

BATCH CAPTURE is grey. No batch capturing for me...

Iīm using a XM2, just in case there is an issue there.

And reasking a little here..

Is there anyway to use a Text file or XLS or something to do a batch capture, without having to type in, or select each clip to capture????
Old February 5th, 2004, 08:09 PM   #275

Sounds like you are doing things right. However, I don't understand step #8. As soon as you are done with #7 is when I hit Batch Capture.
Old February 5th, 2004, 08:13 PM   #276

Good to hear you have a working DVD!
Old February 5th, 2004, 08:48 PM   #277
Major Player

DOH!

Never mind... my mistake, it must have been my younger years of excess passing a bill on whatīs left of my brain...

Iīve been using VEGAS for more than a few months now, and I didnīt know there was a CLIP EXPLORER option on VIDEO CAPTURE... And I also didnīt have the AUTOMATIC MARK FOR BATCH CAPTURE thing selected...

Mental notes: "F1 is my friend"... "Some people spend many hours making the help files.. SO JUST READ IT"....

So thanx for your help.. I got it covered now.. you could just delete this thread and save me some public humilliation...

One last thing..
What about the magic thing that will let me use a text file or a xls file to do the batch capture withou marking ins and outs manually?
Old February 5th, 2004, 09:26 PM   #278
Trustee

i've been having similar issues. i use nero to burn my DVDs after DVD-Arch preps it on a folder. but if i use DVD-Arch itself to burn anything, it's all blank, won't burn. i have the liteon ldw-451s DVD burner. i mostly use DVD-R.
Old February 5th, 2004, 11:32 PM   #279
Regular Crew

Not Recognizing 24p

Hey I have had Vegas for a half a year and i cannot figure out How come when i capture some of my video off my AG-DVX100 it tells me my video was captured in 29 frames a second instead of 24 or sumthing like that. Why is that? Is the picture degrading because of it?
Old February 5th, 2004, 11:34 PM   #280
Regular Crew

Any Plug-ins?

I am wondering how come there are not many plug-ins for Vegas. I have not seen any type of after affects or any special prgram as a plug in for Vegas. Sonic Foundry or shall i say sony has not created any type of after affects program thing for vegas 4.0. Why is that?
Old February 6th, 2004, 12:09 AM   #281
Inner Circle

Boris Red?
Old February 6th, 2004, 01:08 AM   #282
Regular Crew

speeding up footage

I noticed that Vegas "maxes out" when speeding up playback rate at 4.000. Is there any way to increase the speed? Thanks
Old February 6th, 2004, 01:39 AM   #283
Major Player

Options > Preferences > Editing > JKL shuttle speed. Set to max. You'll get x20 playback.
Old February 6th, 2004, 01:42 AM   #284
Regular Crew

Hrmmm for some reason im actually not getting faster speeds. am i doing something wrong?

I have a 25 second clip and cant get it down to faster than a 5 second clip w/ or w/out JKL speed at MAX. i need something REAALLY fast. Guess i'll have to go to after effects
Old February 6th, 2004, 03:12 AM   #285
Major Player

Are you trying to make the finished video go faster, is that what you're saying? I thought you were talking about playback as in preview as i JKL.

When you hit the ceiling you can render to avi and put the rendered event on your timeline, then speed it up once more. You can do this several times.
Closed Thread

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...