Vegas Video discussions from 2004 (Q1Q2) - Page 89 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Closed Thread

Old April 19th, 2004, 11:00 AM   #1321
Wrangler

Tsunami, Excalibur, and Neon for Vegas 5

How soon for a Tsunami, Exalibur, and Neon for Vegas 5?
Old April 19th, 2004, 11:02 AM   #1322
Sponsor: JET DV

How about:

NOW!!!

They have all been updated to work properly with Vegas 5.

Information will be forthcoming on how to obtain the updates. Updates for Excalibur and Neon will be handled through Gary. Details on Tsunami have totally been worked out yet.
Old April 19th, 2004, 11:52 AM   #1323
Wrangler

Breaking the V5 thread trend...OT question

I'm looking for a way to output a real-time preview to external monitor without using my rather akward DV cam as the Digital to Analog device to free up some desktop space, etc. Is this what I need:
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/cont...#goto_itemInfo

I read the description and it said something about a Canopus "codec"...I'd have to safely assume that's only going from analog to digital not digital to analog like I need for real-time preview to external monitor....correct?

Is this unit powered by IEEE? Lastly, is there a cheaper solution- other than using your DV cam as the Dv to Analog device?
Old April 19th, 2004, 11:58 AM   #1324

The ADVC-100 will work fine. Many people are using it instead of a camera.

I've never used one but I image it will need to be powered via an electrical outlet.
Old April 19th, 2004, 02:13 PM   #1325
Tourist

And this was before I discovered the Distributed Rendering. Very cool!! :) I knew having three high-powered machines on a gigabit LAN was going to come in handy someday.

This is going to dramatically increase my project throughput. Definitely worth the $200 upgrade, and I haven't even gotten to the other new features.
Old April 19th, 2004, 02:19 PM   #1326
Regular Crew

thanks for the advice, however, when i render, i get black bars to the right/left of the footage
Old April 19th, 2004, 03:03 PM   #1327
Wrangler

Problems getting to upgrade on site

I follow the link for the $199 upgrade via my email from Sony...enter my DVD architect 1 serial # and click "purchase" it brings me to the next screen with a bunch of products (vegas, acid, soundforge) ...yet on the right it says shopping cart empty?!

I tried calling customer support and OF COURSE...it's busy. Any idea what I'm doing wrong?

Update: Figured it out- cookies were disabled.

Moderator can delete this post unless this might help anyone going to the site to download it.
Old April 19th, 2004, 03:19 PM   #1328

Glad you solved the problem. We'll leave it here in case someone else experiences the same problem. Thanks for tracking down the problem and posting what it was.
Old April 19th, 2004, 04:19 PM   #1329
Hawaiian Shirt Mogul

before rendering you are getting a Vegas 16x9 preview window and the image fills the 16x9 ( no letterbox or black on sides)

once your clip fills the 16x9 V preview it is set for rendering a 16x9 (no letterbox )
are you using the a NTSC widescreen template when you render?
Old April 19th, 2004, 05:58 PM   #1330
Wrangler

Vegas 5 quirks?

These might be a bit premature but I just figured I'd mention them....

1. Vegas 5 seems like it takes a hair longer to load. Once it loads it shows the desktop through the preview window for the first second it's on the screen.

2. I dragged a filter from my video effects palette onto a clip on the timeline. I went to remove the effect but noticed the event FX button wasn't lit. I clicked on it and low and behold no filter. Oddly enough the filter WAS still on the video. After further investigation I found the filter was on the track level....odd? I specifically drug the effect to the event on the timeline, NOT the track level.

3. Vegas 5 crashed on me. The first time I loaded it I placed a clip on the timeline and applied the new chroma blur filter- with the chroma blur dialog still open I went to click the timeline to start playing back with the chroma blur window still opened- plop...Vegas crashed...odd because Vegas NEVER crashes.

6. Not exactly "Vegas" related but- has anyone noticed that Magic Bullet's "War Epic Dark" and "War Epic Light" are EXACTLY the same with no change at all?!
Old April 19th, 2004, 06:04 PM   #1331
Wrangler

Boris Graffiti on Vegas 5?

How do you get Boris Graffiti to work INSIDE Vegas 5?
Old April 19th, 2004, 06:42 PM   #1332
Major Player

You buy the actual product. The LTD version is stand-alone only. $199 for a plug-in version, a special deal.
Old April 19th, 2004, 07:41 PM   #1333

I agree that the preview screen takes a moment to load. However, I've noticed the same thing at times with Vegas 3.

I tried numbers 2 and 3 but couldn't duplicate the problem.

I can't try #4 as I haven't loaded the Magic Bullet Plugin.
Old April 19th, 2004, 08:02 PM   #1334
Wrangler

Like I said- they may be a bit premature....it only happened once and even I couldn't reproduce them. #2 could be just a case of me losing my mind.

Overall I like it- I wish I would have known Sony went with pastel'ish colors I could have created the Tsunami, Excalibur, and Neon buttons accordingly and made them look more at home.
Old April 19th, 2004, 08:04 PM   #1335
Major Player

It looks like you'll have to buy a vegas license from Sony for each of the machines you want to render on the network.

Si?
Closed Thread

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...