DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   What Happens in Vegas... (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/what-happens-vegas/)
-   -   One more on Architect (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/what-happens-vegas/18356-one-more-architect.html)

Mike Moncrief December 15th, 2003 09:01 AM

One more on Architect

Hello all,

Well I finally burned my first DVD, yipee!!

Everything is good with it, except one thing.. I have two buttons on the main menu, but when I use my DVD players remote to try and highlight either one of the buttons, I do not see any kind of indication that either one is selected ?? I am sure I missed something, but have not figured it out yet.. Any suggestions?/

Thanks
mike m.

Rob Lohman December 15th, 2003 09:13 AM

I'm not familair with Architect, but normally with authoring you
need to tell the application how it needs to highlight the button
(give it another picture etc.). Perhaps you need to do something
similar within Architect?

Joe Sacher December 15th, 2003 09:18 AM

There is an option for highlight color, when building the menu. I'm guessing here, but... If you used the text highlight option and white text, with a white highlight, you won't see much.

Mike Moncrief December 15th, 2003 03:47 PM

Hello,

Ok I found the Highlights thing, and have set it to various types, image rectangle, text rectangel etc.. and played with different colors on the pallette swatch, but when I go to preview, I never see the button get highlighted either on mouse rollover or even on a mouse click..
Any suggestions ??

Thanks all,
Mike

Edward Troxel December 15th, 2003 11:08 PM

Can you post the DAR file somewhere so we can look at it? (Media is not necessary)

Mike Moncrief December 16th, 2003 03:44 PM

Hello,

i have no place to post the Dar file, I can email it ??
I went back and played with the highlight settings, and went back into preview, and cannot see any highlighting going on?/ Should i see it on mouseover the button?? or on a mouse click??
Not sure what i am supposed to see..

Thanks for the responses
mike

Edward Troxel December 16th, 2003 04:38 PM

I see it on mouseover. e-mail is fine.

Mike Moncrief December 16th, 2003 04:50 PM

Hello,

My email is vidiot57@yahoo.com

Can you send your email to me, so I can send you the file?

Thanks for the help..

mike M.

Ross Weinshenker December 16th, 2003 05:40 PM

Personally I like Encore DVD...never used Architect before. But, like Rob said, you have to specify a second image, and possibly a third to indicate what the player is supposed to show.

Mike Moncrief December 16th, 2003 06:25 PM

Hello,

OK I believe I have got it figured out.. seems that I had the alpha channel on the little color swatch turned down all the way, and there fore no color was showing up as a highlight..

Thanks Edward and all that helped.

mike

Edward Troxel December 16th, 2003 10:10 PM

Glad to hear you found a solution. I've already sent the e-mail so just ignore it.