DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   What Happens in Vegas... (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/what-happens-vegas/)
-   -   Vegas Audio Effects (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/what-happens-vegas/18674-vegas-audio-effects.html)

Todd Metzger December 22nd, 2003 07:39 AM

Vegas Audio Effects

I have a question/inquiry for everyone. I was editing some video8 the other day for a personal christmas project and was playing around with the Virtos Denoiser Directx plugin that I recently purchased. I am no audio guru by any means, but... I was able to pull out a large chunk of noise from the footage with the plugin. As a matter of fact, some places were cleaned up nearly 100% to the naked ear. Anyway, once I rendered the video and placed it back on the time line, I noticed that there was still a fair amount of noise. I went back to the project and the noise was gone there, but the rendered output still had the noise at the -50dB level (although the original source had noise approaching the -30dB level). I rerendered the rendered output with another noise filter and it removed more again, but the final output wasn't even close to the way the project sounded in Vegas. Do I have a flogged up setting? Is this just the nature of audio plugins such as this? Am I missing something? I tested the demo version of NR 2.0 and it acted the same way. Any ideas?

Thanks.

Peter Jefferson December 22nd, 2003 07:49 AM

hey todd, that plugin doesnt sound like its a realtime effect (by the sounds of your rendering situation) so i would likely say that it may be better to apply this effect to a new wave, then reimport the audio and remove teh original, then u can group the video with the new audio...

how are you aplying the efects?? Are you using track effects, bus effects, or clip effects?

Todd Metzger December 22nd, 2003 10:09 AM

I believe I was applying the effect using track effects. Like I said, it sounds great in the project, but once rendered, it seems like only half of the noise has been removed and I am also left with a very minor metallic-like/tinny sound in the background. This is nearly undetectable when played on a tv, but can be easily picked up when using a good set of headphones.

As far as applying the effect to a new wav, are you referring to utilizing another application to do this. As of right now, I do all of my audio editing within vegas. I do use audacity sometimes for some VST effects that I have, but I don't have a standalone directx app, per se, like sound forge, etc.

Edward Troxel December 22nd, 2003 10:15 AM

You can apply the effect as a "non-real time" effect by adding it to the event instead of the track. This will immediately render to a new WAV file.

Todd Metzger December 23rd, 2003 02:00 AM

Just wanted to say thanks guys! Got it figured out right away after reading your responses. I have "read" the vegas manual before but obviously didn't pay enough attention the first time around. Everything is working great now.

Phil Hamilton November 22nd, 2006 11:41 AM

Plugin to use to create telephone voice?

Which pluging would be the best to use to modify the soundtrack of someone's voice so that it sounds like they are speaking from a telephone receiver?

Edward Troxel November 22nd, 2006 12:19 PM

The "Parametric EQ" has a Phone Line Effect preset built-in.

Phil Hamilton November 22nd, 2006 03:20 PM

thank you Edward!

Will Hanlon December 3rd, 2006 03:00 AM

Todd, I was just curious what the solution was to your problem. I'm going to be doing some major sound mixing soon. Also, how much did that Virtos Denoiser plugin cost you? Thanks.