Vegas Pro 9 available for pre-order - Page 11 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Old May 11th, 2009, 07:24 AM   #151
Trustee

oops.. the link was down n its ok now.

Last edited by Sean Seah; May 11th, 2009 at 07:57 AM.
Sean Seah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 11th, 2009, 07:57 AM   #152
Major Player

So it's the 11th. Has anyone received their confirming email yet?
Old May 11th, 2009, 08:05 AM   #153
Major Player

not me......

edit.

just noticed they bumped the date to tomorrow...
Ian Planchon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 11th, 2009, 08:06 AM   #154
Inner Circle

Delivery date has been changed to 5/12 according to website.
Jeff Harper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 11th, 2009, 08:30 AM   #155
Trustee

It can't be, i've got it right now on my pc, the trial version.

Paul.
Old May 11th, 2009, 09:26 AM   #156
Major Player

Just received:

Quote:
Vegas Pro is Now Available!!

Thank you for your recent pre-order! Your Vegas Pro, Vegas Seminar Series, or Vegas Pro Production Assistant order is now ready to be processed. To complete your pre-order you will need to confirm your payment information at the link below:

https://www.sonycreativesoftware.com...d=XXXXXXX-XXXX

Once you have entered your payment information, your order will be released and you'll be among the first to get your hands on Vegas Pro 9 software!
Old May 11th, 2009, 09:30 AM   #157
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Harper View Post
Delivery date has been changed to 5/12 according to website.
I think that applies only to those who order it today?

I just downloaded my copy.

Danny Fye
VidMus Video - Music Productions
Old May 11th, 2009, 10:00 AM   #158
Major Player

I got the same email and downloaded mine. I am beginning to install. I was surprised to see that it comes with DVD arch version 5.0b which I already had from my V8 upgrade but here goes...i'll be back after install.

I am back-installed and registered. It will take several weeks to give it a good test run but i am impressed with the options. If I already had NewBlue FX sampler, I would probably already have a lot of the new transitions and FX that came with that but for me this looks like a good investment at ~$185US.
Attached Thumbnails
Vegas Pro 9 available for pre-order-vegas9-01.jpg  

Last edited by Bryan Daugherty; May 11th, 2009 at 11:02 AM.
Bryan Daugherty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 1st, 2009, 10:58 AM   #159
Major Player

Updates on opinions?

Hello friends! I am sad to report that I had a mission critical job appear around install time. I duplicated my project folders and eagerly imported into 9.0 and the playback was atrocious. It seems to automatically override your playback setting to what it perceives as "optimal" and in my case, the result was unacceptable. I reverted back to my 8.0 project file and finished the project. I did take all the files back into 9.0 for [b]batch[b] rendering with excellent results. I was disappointed that the chapter markers did not embed but it was nice to start the rendering before heading off to bed and get an 8 hr (okay, really more like 6hrs) head start on the process. I am glad for my investment but very ready for an update.

A quick note on unattended batch rendering. Make sure you disable scheduled virus scans and disconnect your internet. On my first attempt, windows and adobe both downloaded updates in the background and as they tried to extract themselves it froze my render, locked the computer and I had to shut down...worst part? I was rendering with a 2 pass encode from HD source files and the crash happened on the second pass about (estimated) 30 minutes before finishing and the entire render had to be redone...

So what does everyone think of the upgrade thus far?
Old June 1st, 2009, 11:21 AM   #160
Sponsor: JET DV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan Daugherty View Post
It seems to automatically override your playback setting to what it perceives as "optimal" and in my case, the result was unacceptable.
That can be overridden back to the Vegas 8 method of operation so it won't automatically change.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan Daugherty View Post
I did take all the files back into 9.0 for [b]batch[b] rendering with excellent results. I was disappointed that the chapter markers did not embed but it was nice to start the rendering before heading off to bed and get an 8 hr (okay, really more like 6hrs) head start on the process.
Are you using the built-in batch script? If yes, you can download my updated version from here:
http://www.jetdv.com/scripts/BatchRender5.cs

Then look for this line:
args.IncludeMarkers = false;

Change the false to true and the markers will be included.
Edward Troxel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 1st, 2009, 12:47 PM   #161
Inner Circle

Bryan, disable the automatic adjustment feature of preview (as Edward mentioned) by right-clicking anywhere in the preview window and unchecking "Adjust Size and Quality for Optimal Playback" and you can come back to Vegas 9 if you want to.

We had a thread (that has been closed) where people were discussing Vegas 9, and the reaction of most of the folks that weighed in seemed to be negative, mainly for playback issues.

In my case, AVCHD files playback far worse in Vegas 9 64 bit than 32 bit. And they definitely playback better on version 8.0c than version 9 32bit.

Others are finding it works fine for them. I suspect that the upgrade just isn't as compatible with some configurations as with others.

I have found myself using vegas 8 as the preview performance just isn't the same with 9 for me. Many of us are hoping that upon the first "fix" will remedy this problem.
Old June 1st, 2009, 08:49 PM   #162
Major Player

Thanks for the thoughts guys, I also found the playback issues even when it was not overriding my settings. It just streams smoother in 8.0...I hope the update correct this and hope to see it soon. I saw your other thread after starting this up again and it looks like it got pretty ugly in there. I hope I am not opening a can of worms posting this here. The thread I saw had been sanitized so hopefully people have cooled off and will keep it civil.

Edward, I will look into your script, thanks! I am generally wary of scripts from msg boards but you come with trust from your status on this board.

I have a DV project coming soon, so i am looking forward to flexing 9.0 again with SD files this time...
Old June 1st, 2009, 09:00 PM   #163
Inner Circle

Bryan there are actually many great scripts floating around for Vegas.
Old June 3rd, 2009, 09:53 PM   #164
Major Player

yeah I have heard of many and downloaded a few. But I am pretty close to paranoid when it comes to viruses so I am often wary of downloading anything from a stranger. Mostly because (like you) I built my own system so if I screw it up there is no tech support to call. I played around with V9 a little more last night but I am still having playback issues. It seems to either use more processor/ ram then V8 which hurts playback or the code just hasn't been tweaked enough to playback as good as V8. I am still running my core2quad and haven't taken the i7 plunge yet, to many other capital expenses this year. I like the New Blue pkg too but haven't found a good use for it yet. I have been looking pretty intently at the Production Assistant software too. Did you guys order it? What do you think of it, if you did?
Old June 3rd, 2009, 10:15 PM   #165
Inner Circle

I didn't order it, but that doesn't mean anything because I haven't studied it much nor have I heard any glowing reports. You might start a thread with the PA question.

I have Ultimate S, and I don't really need much more, though I am always open to new tools. The list of features for Production Assistant sounded so similar to Ultimate S it seemed to be reduntant to purchase.

If I had an unlimited budget I would have it just to check it out, but I don't so I won't.
Jeff Harper is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...