Vegas Pro 9 available for pre-order - Page 12 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Old June 3rd, 2009, 10:51 PM   #166
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Harper View Post
...You might start a thread with the PA question...I have Ultimate S, and I don't really need much more, though I am always open to new tools....If I had an unlimited budget I would have it just to check it out, but I don't so I won't.
I debated the new thread and just might do that. i have heard a lot of references to Ultimate S and might spend some time searching the board for more info on that. I hear you on the budget issue too. Thanks for sharing your thoughts and to jump off topic for a moment, I found a thread you might want to look at (if you haven't already) http://www.dvinfo.net/conf/dv-info-n...eal-hdmom.html
Old June 4th, 2009, 06:25 AM   #167
Inner Circle

Bryan, Ultimate S has a fully funcional demo so you can try and so does Excalibur. I'm not sure if they co-exist on the same installation well but I think they do.

The HD Mom thing I've seen (thanks for the link) I don't really feel one way or the other about the site. It is a quality forum of course, and Chris has done a fine job (as he always does) putting it together. I just don't know relevant it will be for me, but I will definitely be checking into it periodically to get a better feel for it.
Jeff Harper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 4th, 2009, 06:47 AM   #168
Sponsor: JET DV

Yes, both Excalibur and Ultimate S can be installed on the same machine. In fact, many people use both.

Seriously, if you haven't used scripts, you're really missing out on one of the great advantages of using Vegas. I can say that Excalibur has saved me many, many hours of editing time.

Disclaimer, I'm the author of Excalibur. In fact, many pieces of Excalibur were added because *I* needed to do something while editing.
Edward Troxel is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...