DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   What Happens in Vegas... (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/what-happens-vegas/)
-   -   Starburst / Big Bang (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/what-happens-vegas/218045-starburst-big-bang.html)

Renton Maclachlan April 20th, 2009 04:59 AM

Starburst / Big Bang

Perhaps someone may be able to help.

I want to produce a starburst/explosion or similar to illustrate over about 2 seconds, the Big Bang.

The words 'BIG' and 'BANG' would flash up as the starburst occurs. I know how to do the words, but would like to know how to create the starburst effect, Starting with a blank black screen and the burst coming from dead centre and predominently white to look as bright as it can be, though perhaps other colours around the outside as it rapidly expands out.

Any ideas, or pointers to tutorials?

Terry Esslinger April 20th, 2009 03:11 PM

Particle Illusion?

Renton Maclachlan April 20th, 2009 11:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Terry Esslinger (Post 1117067)
Particle Illusion?

Clarify...I'm not sure what this refers to...

Thanks

Renton Maclachlan April 21st, 2009 01:59 AM

ok, found it - thanks

Terry Esslinger April 21st, 2009 11:13 AM

Sorry about the somewhat abbreviated answer. PI is a somewhat pricey standalone app that would do what you want really nicely. Sometimes you can find it on sale. I got it for 1/2 price at Digital Juice.

But it is also possible that. you could find a prerendered segment in one of Digiital Juices products. It would be a lot easier and also cheaper.

Mike Kujbida April 21st, 2009 11:20 AM

Check out the clips (several are free) on the Detonation Films site.

Renton Maclachlan April 21st, 2009 01:36 PM

Particle Illusion SE (lite version so not the full product but apparently can still do heaps) is on special from Wondertouch (makers of PI) for $US69 till April 29th...

By the way I downloaded it (SE) last night along with all the emitters and there are about 4 'space explosions' that look pretty good for what I'm after. I fiddled with the parameters of one of them and improved it somewhat for me, but I need to have another go. I haven't really got a grip on the possible changes...

Lee Brennan April 21st, 2009 07:14 PM

Particle Illusion

Hi,
I've PI3 for awhile and I find I've hardly scratched the surface of what you can do with it. If you have the SE version wait until Wondertouch has an upgrade sale to PI3- you won't be sorry. If SE has "Mushroom Cloud" Emitters in it's library pull it in and start the emitter but fade it out as the cloud starts to form. It's an extremely intense white flash. Hope this helps.

Renton Maclachlan April 22nd, 2009 12:04 AM

Thanks Lee. I haven't bought SE - just on the 30 day trial - but looking through the emitters last night I didn't see 'Mushroom cloud/s'...

Dugi Barr April 22nd, 2009 04:55 AM

Mushroom Clouds are in July 2004 Emitters Renton.
particleIllusion 3.0

Renton Maclachlan April 22nd, 2009 05:28 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I've ended up with something I quite like. I used three PI emitters overlaid in Vegas with two of them on about 35% transparency - Space explosion 1 & 2, and a Flash Gordon. Then I picked up a neat explosion sound off the web for free and it all goes together quite nicely...actually there were three sounds for the first 2 seconds...

Chris Swanberg April 22nd, 2009 10:40 AM

Is there noise is space ? <grin>

Nice effect, mind if I add it to my library to use?

Renton Maclachlan April 22nd, 2009 01:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris Swanberg (Post 1124494)
Is there noise is space ? <grin>

Nice effect, mind if I add it to my library to use?

I don't think it happened like this at all. This is just to illustrate and spice up a point where I say : 'The universe exploded into existence from nothing, into nothing, for no reason.' In the BB view, the universe didn't expand INTO space. Space is said to have formed and expanded with the BB. VERY difficult to illustrate from the viewpoint of a hypothetical observer within the universe...

Yes you can use it...thanks for the compliment! :-)

Chris Swanberg April 23rd, 2009 11:18 AM

Thanks! (You don't happen to have a higher res version do you?)

Renton Maclachlan April 23rd, 2009 01:24 PM

I've got an avi at 37mb - 720 x 576. I'm planning on seeing if I can fiddle the explosion to run about 5 seconds longer which means I will have to re render it. I could do a render in mp4 which should get the size down...