jpg sequence in video track needs to rebuild itself - delay of 5 secs at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Old April 30th, 2009, 09:01 AM   #1
Major Player

jpg sequence in video track needs to rebuild itself - delay of 5 secs

I'm working on an animation film. Currently making the soundtrack - and using Vegas 8 for that.

For some reason, whenever I zoom in or out of the timeline, the video track containing the movie takes considerable time to kind of rebuild itself. I have to wait like 5-7 seconds each time for it to rebuild, otherwise playback is out of sync.

Does anyone know why this is happening?

The animation was made in Adobe Flash and exported as jpg sequences. I then imported the jpeg sequences into Vegas.

I also tried rendering the video track to an .avi file and then placed the .avi file on the video track instead of the jpg sequences. But this did not solve the problem.

Any clues?

thx
Adi Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 30th, 2009, 10:52 AM   #2
Sponsor: JET DV

It would be creating the icons that show up on the timeline. You might try turning that off (View - Waveforms and Frames). The upcoming Vegas Pro 9 has more icon display options.
Edward Troxel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 30th, 2009, 11:00 AM   #3
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward Troxel View Post
It would be creating the icons that show up on the timeline. You might try turning that off (View - Waveforms and Frames). The upcoming Vegas Pro 9 has more icon display options.
hi edward, thanks for the reply.

yes, i think thats what it's doing. i tried turning off (View-Waveforms and Frames) and you're right - it DOES solve the problem... BUT since i'm working on the soundtrack - i must have wave forms ON.

i'll just add that i've recently worked on several other projects using the same machine and software - and never had this problem - but they were all video (dv or hdv), not animation. they weren't made from jpg sequences, but just clips of video.

the question is if i can get vegas to run normally using the material i have?
Adi Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 30th, 2009, 01:23 PM   #4
Sponsor: JET DV

You could always render out the video as DV and then add it back as a take on top of the animation. After finishing the audio edit, you could then switch back to the original take for the final render.

Update to the new Vegas Pro 9 which is scheduled to be released on May 11. It has new icon options in Options - Preferences so you'd still be able to keep the waveforms on but still turn off the icons on the video events.
Edward Troxel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 30th, 2009, 01:34 PM   #5
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward Troxel View Post
Update to the new Vegas Pro 9 which is scheduled to be released on May 11. It has new icon options in Options - Preferences so you'd still be able to keep the waveforms on but still turn off the icons on the video events.
This option is available in Vegas 8.0c.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...