New version of Deshaker - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Old May 12th, 2009, 01:06 AM   #16
New Boot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Barcellos View Post
What is happening of Vegas 9 front ?
Currently nothing :-)

They've released the Vegas 9.0 scripting SDK which I downloaded about 10 minutes ago and am looking over. I will, however, release a version for 9 fairly soon. The imminent arrival of 9 was one reason I did a version of 7 - I wanted to see how easy it would be to build and maintain multiple versions of New Deshaker for the differing Vegas installations out there.
Andy Edmiston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 12th, 2009, 01:25 AM   #17
Inner Circle

Thanks Andy, just tried it in 8 last week, and was hoping 9 was in the works.
Old May 12th, 2009, 07:21 AM   #18
Sponsor: JET DV

Won't the current version run in 9? I know the same version of Excalibur 6 that runs in 8 also runs in 9.
Edward Troxel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 12th, 2009, 08:31 AM   #19
New Boot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward Troxel View Post
Won't the current version run in 9? I know the same version of Excalibur 6 that runs in 8 also runs in 9.
Edward,

I haven't tried it as yet. However I suspect if you didn't have to rebuild Excalibur, there would be no reason why not.
Old May 12th, 2009, 08:52 AM   #20

I would just try it. I didn't have to rebuild for 9 (or the 64-bit versions). One single DLL runs in Vegas Pro 8.0a/b/c, Vegas Pro 8.1, Vegas Pro 9-32, and Vegas Pro 9-64.

Same was true with Vegas 6/7 - same version would run in both. Jumping from 7 to 8 did require a recompile and some actual code changes mainly to handle the new way markers and the cursor/selection area were handled via scripting in 8.
Old May 12th, 2009, 10:00 AM   #21
Inner Circle

I am not at my home system rignt how, but on my Vegas 9 install, its not showing up for me to invoke. My understanding is that when I did the Version 8 install, the intallation is putting (my ignorance is showing here) something in the Vegas 8 directory.

Ed, is there any moving of dll in Excaliber to get to run in 9, or will Vegas 9 automatically pick it up
Old May 12th, 2009, 10:14 AM   #22

It really depends on where it is installed. There are some product specific folders in which case it would need to be reinstalled in that product's specific folder. For example:

Documents and Settings/All Users/Application Data/Sony/Vegas/8.0/Application Extensions

This path would only work in the 32-bit version of Vegas 8 and would need to also be installed to "8.1" and/or "9.0" to be picked up by the other versions.

If you install to {My Documents}/Vegas Application Extensions, it will be picked up and shared by all versions (8.0, 8.1, 9.0).

So you may need to simply copy the current installation to another folder. I don't know where it installs be default but if you copy it from an 8.0 folder to a 9.0 folder, it may very well work.
Old May 12th, 2009, 01:07 PM   #23
New Boot

Quote:
I am not at my home system rignt how, but on my Vegas 9 install, its not showing up for me to invoke. My understanding is that when I did the Version 8 install, the intallation is putting (my ignorance is showing here) something in the Vegas 8 directory.
By default it installs in the folder "C:\Program Files\Sony\Vegas Pro 8.0\Script Menu" copying the files into the equivalent 9.0 folder should work (or installing them there). Alternatively placing them in "My Documents\Vegas Script Menu" or "My Documents\Vegas Application Extensions" may well enable a single setup for both.

I should probably update the installer to use the folder in My Documents as its default.
Old May 12th, 2009, 01:14 PM   #24
Inner Circle

Andy, I will give it a try. And thank you for this wonderful tool!!!
Old May 12th, 2009, 01:31 PM   #25
Inner Circle

Works in 9 as advertized. I simply opened the scriptmenu directory in 8, copies 4 DeShaker related files there, and opened Script Menu directory in 9, and copied files there. Do not drag and drop as you will pull DeShaker out of 8.
Old May 12th, 2009, 05:20 PM   #26

Quote:
Works in 9 as advertized. Do not drag and drop as you will pull DeShaker out of 8.
Good to hear. I figured it would. You are correct that you need to COPY the files and not MOVE the files.
Old April 22nd, 2010, 08:08 AM   #27
Regular Crew

This is one great piece of software!!!!
Hameed Aabid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 22nd, 2010, 08:18 AM   #28
Old Boot

Isn't it just! - I don't go near MercalliPro now. And I paid for that.

Grazie
Graham Bernard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 22nd, 2010, 08:59 AM   #29
Regular Crew

It just saved my lower end from embarassment. I had some footage in really bad shape of the groom and bride walking down.... It deshook it big time... I am one happy camper!

We all pay huge amounts of money for professional tools and this comes for free. I think everyone who uses it for commercial purposes should donate to the developers of this software. There is a link in their website to donate.
Hameed Aabid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 22nd, 2010, 02:43 PM   #30
New Boot

Colour space shift with New Deshaker

Hello
I have tried asking onthe Sony Vegas forum without success.
Can anyone help please?

I am trying to deshake HDV material using New Deshaker in Vegas 8.0c.
The color levels are going from sRGB to cRGB after they came back from deshaking in VirtualDub. Near whites become burnt out.
I am using Outbound Template HDV 1080-50i intermediate.
Compress 0
Compress Inbound ticked.
Renderer Main Concept MPEG-2
Template HDV 1080-50i
This fixed the PAR issue I had but I still have the sRGB to cRGB issue.
There must be several people here deshaking HDV
Can anyone tell me what I am doing wrong or how to fix it?
A step by step guide would be appreciated.
Thanks
Malcolm
Malcolm Dyer is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...