DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   What Happens in Vegas... (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/what-happens-vegas/)
-   -   New version of Deshaker (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/what-happens-vegas/234500-new-version-deshaker.html)

Mike Kujbida May 2nd, 2009 02:19 PM

New version of Deshaker

Thanks to some hard work on the part of very dedicated folks, there's a new version of Deshaker available.
Read all about it and get the necessary files on the New Deshaker site.

Nicholas de Kock May 2nd, 2009 05:28 PM

Thanks for the post.

Dugi Barr May 3rd, 2009 02:38 AM

This is a wonderful piece of kit.
My thanks to Andy E, John Meyer and I believe there was someone else involved before John but his name escapes me.
Great Stuff guys!

Graham Bernard May 3rd, 2009 03:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dugi Barr (Post 1136725)
". . I believe there was someone else involved before John but his name escapes me."

Dugi, that'll be David Arendt from Luxmemories Sarl.

Grazie

Dugi Barr May 3rd, 2009 03:58 AM

That be he!

Dale Guthormsen May 3rd, 2009 04:01 PM

I tried to download it and did not get the job done.

Would be great if someone that has done so already could put down a point form procedure to follow to get it downloaded.

Richard Hunter May 3rd, 2009 06:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dale Guthormsen (Post 1136969)
I tried to download it and did not get the job done.

Would be great if someone that has done so already could put down a point form procedure to follow to get it downloaded.

Hi Dale. I just right-clicked and "save as" on the 2 file links and they downloaded no problem. What is happening with you?

Richard

Chris Swanberg May 4th, 2009 12:50 PM

It downloaded for me, but my system requires admin approval (that's me) prior to inserting a program file so it would not self install. I extracted to a separate folder, and then manually put the files where I thought they should go, but when I run the script I get an error message apparently related to something not being in the right pace or set up correctly. (sigh).

Lynne Good May 4th, 2009 01:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris Swanberg (Post 1137355)
It downloaded for me, but my system requires admin approval (that's me) prior to inserting a program file so it would not self install. I extracted to a separate folder, and then manually put the files where I thought they should go, but when I run the script I get an error message apparently related to something not being in the right pace or set up correctly. (sigh).

Chris, if you are running Windows Vista, you need to go in to the Control Panel, User Accounts and then click on the bottom feature that says "Turn User Account Control on or off." If the User Account Control is on, this is what is preventing you from loading any new programs (especially if you downloaded it from a web site). I had this same issue recently with a file I downloaded from the Internet. I hope this helps!

Lynne

Chris Swanberg May 4th, 2009 06:15 PM

Thanks Lynne... that solved the install problem.... but I still get the same error message:

"The loaded assembly's manifest destination does not match the assembly reference."

Any idea what THAT means and what the problem is ?

Harold Brown May 4th, 2009 06:45 PM

I turned User Account Control off shortly after I experience my first install problem a year ago. No problems since then. DeShaker installed without any problems on my Vista 32 machine.

Lynne Good May 4th, 2009 07:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris Swanberg (Post 1137558)
Thanks Lynne... that solved the install problem.... but I still get the same error message:

"The loaded assembly's manifest destination does not match the assembly reference."

I believe you said you set up a separate folder and put all of the files in manually for the install so you may want to try removing everything except for the original package and doing a fresh install with all of the original defaults. Usually, if I mess up really bad, it helps to go back to square one and try again.

Lynne

Andy Edmiston May 11th, 2009 12:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris Swanberg (Post 1137558)
but I still get the same error message:

Chris,

What version of Vegas are you using? That error message normally means a incompatibility between the version the software was built against and the version installed.

For Sony Vegas Pro 8, it should run with 8.0b or 8.0c installed but not 8.0a. If you happen to be a Vegas 7 user, I have just released a version for that. It's been tested against 7.0d and 7.0e but nothing else.

Chris Barcellos May 11th, 2009 01:54 PM

Andy: What is happening of Vegas 9 front ?

Jim Snow May 11th, 2009 05:29 PM

With Vista, you should be able to right click on the installation program and click on "Run as Administrator". If you do this, you shouldn't have to change the UAC setting.