Vegas, Windows 7 & Magic Bullet Looks - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Old September 23rd, 2009, 05:59 AM   #16
Trustee

Woah if MBL is 64bit its time to upgrade. 9.1 flew on my mac pro but without MBL its quite meaningless for me.
Sean Seah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 23rd, 2009, 06:04 AM   #17
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean Seah View Post
Woah if MBL is 64bit its time to upgrade. 9.1 flew on my mac pro but without MBL its quite meaningless for me.
I don't think it's time (yet) because no 64-bit version is available on RedGiant's site. I was actually thinking of calling them to clarify whether such a version is really going to roll out...

Steve
Steven Reid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 23rd, 2009, 06:31 AM   #18
Trustee

That would be great. I half way across the globe form them ha ha. I think I better hang on for a short while till Win7 is released to purchase my new PC.
Sean Seah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 6th, 2009, 10:52 AM   #19
Major Player

I just spoke with RedGiant who clarified that because Sony Vegas constitutes the smallest customer base for them, no 64-bit version of MBLooks is on the horizon. The chart referenced in a post above should be updated to reflect that fact, according to the person at Red Giant.

Should FCP and Avid head in that direction, however, there may be hope of seeing a 64-bit version for Vegas, too, also according to Red Giant.

So, don't hold your breath... :(

Steve
Old October 6th, 2009, 11:01 AM   #20
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven Reid View Post
I just spoke with RedGiant who clarified that because Sony Vegas constitutes the smallest customer base for them, no 64-bit version of MBLooks is on the horizon.
Oh well, I guess they plan on keeping it that way. 64-bit adverse software companies are one of my pet peeves. It's not like 64-bit is brand new. These days, most PC's sold are loaded with 64-bit Vista -even relatively low-end ones.
Jim Snow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 6th, 2009, 12:21 PM   #21
Inner Circle

Long ago I said as much regarding plug in availability for Vegas. As Red Giant testifies, the user base is too small for us to expect too much in this regard. Since the vast majority of professional editors that use Vegas are event-oriented, etc., (I'm guessing, no facts to back this up) it all adds up. Events editors don't need the extensive libraries of plug-ins that feature movie people need, but they would be nice anyway. I feel very fortunate that we have NewBlue.

No reason one cannot toggel between 32 bit and 64 bit versions for a while, it is not that inconvenient to do the majority of our work in 64 bit and then finish if off in 32 bit if we need a MB look. Rendering time of 64 bit Vegas is not that much faster.

IMO, not a huge price to pay for the ease and convenience of Vegas; only a minor snag. Eventually all apps will be 64 bit, of course, and this issue will be non-existent as all plug-ins will be 64 bit as well.

Last edited by Jeff Harper; October 6th, 2009 at 01:14 PM. Reason: incomplete sentence
Jeff Harper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 6th, 2009, 12:41 PM   #22
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Harper View Post
Long ago I said as much regarding plug in availability for Vegas. As Red Giant testifies, the user base is too small for us to expect too much in this regard. Since the vast majority of professional editors that use Vegas are event-oriented, etc., (I'm guessing, no facts to back this up) it all adds up. Events editors don't need the extensive libraries of plug-ins that feature movie, but they would be nice anyway. I feel very fortunate that we have NewBlue.

No reason one cannot toggel between 32 bit and 64 bit versions for a while, it is not that inconvenient to do the majority of our work in 64 bit and then finish if off in 32 bit if we need a MB look. Rendering time of 64 bit Vegas is not that much faster.

IMO, not a huge price to pay for the ease and convenience of Vegas; only a minor snag. Eventually all apps will be 64 bit, of course, and this issue will be non-existent as all plug-ins will be 64 bit as well.

Jeff, I can't disagree with your good points. Relatedly, I've overhauled my workflow so that I'll lock down an edit in 8.1, do any intermediate renders in 8.1 (using CineForm), and then finish off with 32-bit plugins/FX for a final render in 8.0.

Helping me along is a nice 20% overclock I just gave my Q9550 a few nights ago (rock solid at 3.4!), giving me a little boost to render speeds while in 8.0 (and a real nice boost in 8.1 -- all cores ~100%). I tend to use MBLooks and NeatVideo quite a bit, so I figgered I'd better wring more out of my CPU. ;)

Steve
Old October 6th, 2009, 12:47 PM   #23
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven Reid View Post
I've overhauled my workflow so that I'll lock down an edit in 8.1, do any intermediate renders in 8.1 (using CineForm), and then finish off with 32-bit plugins/FX for a final render in 8.0.
I use Cineform as well. I really like the editing work flow flexibility it allows. It is so nearly lossless that virtually no video quality is lost due to an intermediate render during a project work flow.
Jim Snow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 10th, 2010, 10:36 AM   #24
Major Player

will Magic Bullett run on WIndows 7 64 bit and Vegas 8.0c?
Federico Perale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 10th, 2010, 11:47 AM   #25
Sponsor: JET DV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Federico Perale View Post
will Magic Bullett run on WIndows 7 64 bit and Vegas 8.0c?
Yes. Vegas 8.0c is 32-bit and Magic Bullet is 32-bit so they will work together and will both run on Win 7-64 bit.
Edward Troxel is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...