No GPU Acceleration with Vegas Pro 9 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Old May 10th, 2009, 11:15 AM   #1
New Boot

No GPU Acceleration with Vegas Pro 9

No CUDA, No ATI Steam, No nothing...I'm very disappointed with Vegas Pro 9. Even a low level video editing app like Cyberlink Power Director have this feature. Premiere Pro has the Rapihd plug-in, but you have to buy a $1700 card. I was hoping Vegas Pro 9 would have some form of this feature since it would greatly decrease encoding times.

None of the other upgrades to Vegas Pro 9 are essential for me to upgrade, but if they would have add this feature then it would be a must buy on day 1 for me. I'm sitting out this round and hoping for a plug-in so I can use my GTX260 for encoding.
Derrick Williams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 10th, 2009, 01:44 PM   #2
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derrick Williams View Post
No CUDA, No ATI Steam, No nothing...I'm very disappointed with Vegas Pro 9. Even a low level video editing app like Cyberlink Power Director have this feature. Premiere Pro has the Rapihd plug-in, but you have to buy a $1700 card. I was hoping Vegas Pro 9 would have some form of this feature since it would greatly decrease encoding times.

None of the other upgrades to Vegas Pro 9 are essential for me to upgrade, but if they would have add this feature then it would be a must buy on day 1 for me. I'm sitting out this round and hoping for a plug-in so I can use my GTX260 for encoding.
IMO, If you are making money using Vegas I would suggest upgrading regardless of the specific items you need. Everyone has something they want and may never get. I buy every year because there is always some feature that makes the job a little better.
Old May 10th, 2009, 08:53 PM   #3
Major Player

I guess everyone looks at the sky and sees a different blue:)
I like the fact that Vegas does not need a dedicated card to run. Some, but not all hardware accelerated people have a hell of a time with system compatibility... especially when they have different requirements from different manufactures. Avid needs this card, AE needs that, MagicBulletLooks needs another. Soon you're down to three choices...and one driver!

The fact that Vegas can run on virtually any computer is a huge plus for me.

For example:
Yesterday, i captured HDV to Cineform on my home workstation, strictly for Vegas. Edited a little bit last night. This morning i copied those source and .veg files on to my lowly 5 year old IBM think pad. this afternoon I'll be sitting on a Starbucks patio over looking a park editing. When I get home, I copy that .veg file to my home machine and voila, keep editing!

Another example:
i live in dusty city, last week i was cleaning my fans/cases, when i forgot to plug in my graphics card fan back in after cleaning. Well after one minute of rendering a magic bullet looks clip my very expensive graphics card burned out (literally, i could smell it burning)! I threw it away, plugged in a very old pci graphics card and in two minutes i was editing another project that didn't need dedicated hardware.

CPUs keep getting faster, harddrives are faster, cheaper, ram is dirt cheap. When the new I7s become affordable it will be even better!

Now i will say this THIRD PARTY SUPPORT SUCKS!!! i would love to use matrox mxo boxes!!

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...