Rendering 720x486 without "uncompressed"? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Old May 13th, 2009, 08:31 PM   #1
Major Player

Rendering 720x486 without "uncompressed"?

Is there any way to render an AVI that is 720x486 WITHOUT using "uncompressed" video settings?

I have a project that is due for a widescreen shaped video wall that requires NTSC standard 720x486. I cannot find a setting in Vegas or Premiere Pro that allows me to merely render out a normal widescreen DV AVI but at 720x486. The only way to change it is to select "uncompressed" but that jacks the size of the 90 second video up to over 3.2 gigs. Is there no other way around it?

Thanks!

JR
Jeremiah Rickert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 14th, 2009, 12:30 AM   #2
New Boot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremiah Rickert View Post
Is there any way to render an AVI that is 720x486 WITHOUT using "uncompressed" video settings?

I have a project that is due for a widescreen shaped video wall that requires NTSC standard 720x486. I cannot find a setting in Vegas or Premiere Pro that allows me to merely render out a normal widescreen DV AVI but at 720x486. The only way to change it is to select "uncompressed" but that jacks the size of the 90 second video up to over 3.2 gigs. Is there no other way around it?

Thanks!

JR
Are you saying that your standard "NTSC DV Widescreen" template doesn't render out at 720x486 Widescreen DV-AVI?

If that's not actually what you want, then hit the "Custom" button and alter to taste.

Edit... remembering to change the "Video format" drop-down to a suitable codec.
Andy Edmiston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 14th, 2009, 05:28 PM   #3
Major Player

Yup.. "appropriate codec" is the stumper there. The video wall can't take most codecs. I was previously about to use cinepak, but I don't have that codec listed in Vegas anymore.
Jeremiah Rickert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 14th, 2009, 05:48 PM   #4
Major Player

You can't render using the DV codec at 720x486. 720x480 NTSC and 720x576 PAL are the only valid sizes for DV. You can do MJPEG (Motion JPEG) at 720x486, although you would need to install an inexpensive ($30) MJPEG codec because it isn't native to Vegas. MJPEG is very good looking, highly configurable and pretty universal and I'm guessing it may be one of the codecs that the video wall can use.

Find out what codecs the video wall will take and we should be able to help you find a suitable codec in Vegas.
John Cline is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...