DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   What Happens in Vegas... (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/what-happens-vegas/)
-   -   Ultimate S 4.1 on Vegas 64 bit (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/what-happens-vegas/235450-ultimate-s-4-1-vegas-64-bit.html)

Jeff Harper May 16th, 2009 01:53 AM

Ultimate S 4.1 on Vegas 64 bit

I am not able to unlock Ultimate S with Vegas 9 64 bit. I get a message that I have insufficient privileges after putting in serial # and clicking on the "unlock" tab.

This happened with previous installation. So I reformatted HD reintalled windows Vista Ultimate, fresh install of only Vegas 9 64 bit, with no other software of any kind installed other than current drivers.

Am using the version that was sent via a link by them specifically for 4.1.

Anyone have a clue as to what I should try?

I've awaiting an answer from VASST support, but haven't heard anything yet.

John Rofrano May 16th, 2009 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeff Harper (Post 1143802)
I've awaiting an answer from VASST support, but haven't heard anything yet.

We are working with Jeff and it looks like it may be a bad cut-n-paste of the license key.

~jr

Jeff Harper May 16th, 2009 02:45 PM

That is exactly what it was...as I had explained to John I copied key exactly as it appeared, put it in my password file (which is nothing more than a notepad doc) and it had spaces in it, which I failed to notice.

Anyway, Ultimate S was never to blame, its running like a champ, as it always has.

Thanks a ton John.

Jon McGuffin May 16th, 2009 09:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeff Harper (Post 1144046)
That is exactly what it was...as I had explained to John I copied key exactly as it appeared, put it in my password file (which is nothing more than a notepad doc) and it had spaces in it, which I failed to notice.

Anyway, Ultimate S was never to blame, its running like a champ, as it always has.

Thanks a ton John.

hehe, Damn Jeff...

I couldn't help but feel bad (and chuckle at the same time) for the fact you did a complete wipeout, resintall of the OS/updates, etc, etc, all due to a bad copy and paste...

Jon

Jeff Harper May 17th, 2009 12:15 AM

that was pretty bad, but the worst part was having bugged Vasst support about the issue for days while they scratched their heads and were trying to figure out what was wrong.

John Rofrano May 18th, 2009 09:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeff Harper (Post 1144164)
that was pretty bad, but the worst part was having bugged Vasst support about the issue for days while they scratched their heads and were trying to figure out what was wrong.

Ahh... but all was not lost because the next customer that had a problem licensing, you can bet I asked to see their key! So it was a good learning lesson in "one more thing that can go wrong" when installing software.

Besides... I enjoyed working it out with you Jeff. ;-)

~jr

Jeff Harper May 18th, 2009 09:46 AM

Right back at you John, you guys are extremely easygoing and patient.