Vegas 9 64 bit - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Old May 20th, 2009, 06:18 AM   #16

Matt...
wow! I'm somewhat floored. Thanx for sharing a little insight.
FWIW...I, once worked for a small company that was bought up by a huge corp. Very much the same sorts of things started happening, until I quit. Seems endemic to the species.
Bill Ravens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 20th, 2009, 05:46 PM   #17
Inner Circle

Good evening,

Generally speaking, I equate most of my problems to my perswonal lack of knowlegde of a particular software.

Example: yesterday the 9.0 would not down load m2t files for my testing efforts. It would not download 8.0c projects.

Now I then dig back to a distant short project with m2t files and the project downloads perfectly.

All files I have are either native m2t files prior to having cineform or m2t files rendered from cineform to m2t or m2v files. It appears the native files are accepted and the rendered files are not.

So, either I am monumentally ignorant of something (possible) or something is deadly wrong!!!

am I out to lunch here???

My computer can run m2t files at speed but i love the cineform for its greater CC ability. Seems a shame I shouold have to just run the native 4:2:0 files!!

I am going to instal the 32 bit and try it on, but can I render it in 8.0A????
Old May 20th, 2009, 10:17 PM   #18
Major Player

My first NLE was Vegas.... due to friends using it and minor experience using it on a another friend's laptop. At first I hated it... just not intuitive for my mind... after using a slideshow program that I had gotten to know well (Prodex) As time has gone on I have learned to use Vegas and like it more and more. That is the good news.

The bad news. The 64 Bit version (8.1) was hobbled by the world's lack of early support for 64 bit applications (my opinion). I returned to 8.0c for 99% of my work.... now and then rendered using 8.1.

I am not sure the 64 bit support "world" out there is here yet, and so I am passing on 9.0, for now, unless Sony can provide the necessary support on its own.... (unlikely)...I think some of the criticism may be the fact 64 bit applications are still "out there" at the moment... (e.g. not supported).

I do believe SONY listens...they started selling Cinescore singles! Something I was crying for on here.

Me, for now, 32 bitter 8.0c... until.... (wasting my computer resources in the process). Anxious for the world to catch up and support 64 bit applications... and for SONY to make it easy for developers to support Vegas based apps too.

Chris
Chris Swanberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 20th, 2009, 11:11 PM   #19
Inner Circle

Good evening,

Sense I have been complaining so much I thought I would mention something semi positive for a change:

I downloaded 32 bit and it works just fine with all my files.

I can then convert to mt2 files and go to the 64 bit and work.

I did this this evening, and cut a blu ray in mach 4 speed.

First and foremost, They need to get the 64 bit recognizing cineform avi files.

what else needs righting?

With 8.1 I had trouble capturing!!! the 32 bit 9 and 8.0c work flawlessly
I have the same capture issue with 9, it does not recognise the camera
The work around is to use hd link or vegas 8.0 to capture. should one have to do that?

Where is the improvement to key framing we read about? Am I missing something?

am I the only one with these capture issues?

I HONESTLY WONDER HOW SONY TESTS THEIR PROGRAMS, THEN DETERMINES THEY ARE READY TO MARKET.
Old May 21st, 2009, 06:33 AM   #20
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Guthormsen View Post
I HONESTLY WONDER HOW SONY TESTS THEIR PROGRAMS, THEN DETERMINES THEY ARE READY TO MARKET.
Dale, the testing started May 11th...

And I think we are doing a fine job. ;)
Old May 21st, 2009, 06:58 AM   #21
Sponsor: JET DV

Bob, I can assure you that testing started well before that date. I know of MANY resolved issued between the first "Beta" version and the version you are now using. You would NOT want to be using that first version. I know you're trying to be funny but there's no way a beta testing program can test every configuration in the world.
Edward Troxel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 21st, 2009, 07:12 AM   #22
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward Troxel View Post
I know you're trying to be funny but there's no way a beta testing program can test every configuration in the world.
Just trying Edward? I thought I was successful... ;)

But yes, I know they test.

Do they ever release betas to real users to get feed back before release or is all their testing in house?
Old May 21st, 2009, 07:14 AM   #23

Quote:
....there's no way a beta testing program can test every configuration in the world.
Then SCS should post a disclaimer that their software is not complete. The level of testing that SCS accepts for a Release to Production seems somewhat lacking to me.
Bill Ravens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 21st, 2009, 07:30 AM   #24
Sponsor: JET DV

Real users beta test.
Edward Troxel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 21st, 2009, 02:48 PM   #25
Regular Crew

Quote:
Real users beta test.
Wait... I don't understand. Are you saying that people who buy the .0 release are real users?

Kidding.. barely.
Matthew Chaboud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 21st, 2009, 07:06 PM   #26
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew Chaboud View Post
Wait... I don't understand. Are you saying that people who buy the .0 release are real users?

Kidding.. barely.
I know what you mean, I use Vegas mostly as a hobby, very little professionally. Therefore I don't mind using .0 if there is a new feature I want to try out.

But my real job is audio, I don't update Wavelab or Nuendo until all the hobbiests have found all the new bugs. Then I can make an informed decision about upgrading.

~Jay
Jay Morrissette is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...