DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   What Happens in Vegas... (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/what-happens-vegas/)
-   -   Can't render .mp4 files (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/what-happens-vegas/235699-cant-render-mp4-files.html)

Peter Ferriero May 20th, 2009 02:47 AM

Can't render .mp4 files

working with vegas 9 trial..so far I like it..the whole program is buggy..things crash for no reason..sometimes it says files are missing and they are not..it just freezes at random as well..this is for a new pc with i7 12 gig ram..

anyways the latest issue is that it wont render mp4 files..it either a)freezes of b) gives me some sort of error code...and just shuts down..

currently I am trying to render a video to post on vimeo..and for whatever reason its not moving..
anyone have any insight?

Seth Bloombaum May 20th, 2009 11:57 AM

Not familiar with any particulars of v9 Pro trial version, but, in previous versions the mainconcept codecs aren't accessable until a licensed version of DVDA is installed. So, you might try the Sony MP4/AVC, or QT, or out to another MP4 encoder.

The QT MPEG4, at least, ought to be working in the trial version, since it depends on QT for the codec.

Ian Planchon May 21st, 2009 07:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peter Ferriero (Post 1145754)
working with vegas 9 trial..so far I like it..the whole program is buggy..things crash for no reason..sometimes it says files are missing and they are not..it just freezes at random as well..this is for a new pc with i7 12 gig ram..

anyways the latest issue is that it wont render mp4 files..it either a)freezes of b) gives me some sort of error code...and just shuts down..

currently I am trying to render a video to post on vimeo..and for whatever reason its not moving..
anyone have any insight?

hey, I just noticed mine doesnt do mpg4 either.....weird.

Roy Feldman May 22nd, 2009 06:12 AM

same problem here w/ licensed version

wrote to sony: they said to set rendering threads to 1 and reinstall. still does not work.
Sony mp4 works fine but can not set for high profile, multi-pass and reference frames. So I output a Avid DnXHD and convert in Handbreak, it takes twice the time.
I put stuff on to You Tube and would like to duplicate the specs found here:
YouTube does 720P HD using H.264

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Mike Kujbida May 22nd, 2009 07:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roy Feldman (Post 1146759)
Sony mp4 works fine but can not set for high profile, multi-pass and reference frames.

It's been proven that doing a 2-pass encode with this codec will cause Vegas to instantly crash.
Thanks to posters on the Sony Vegas forum, SCS is aware of the problem.
Unfortunately there's no word as to if/when this bug will be fixed :-(

Dave Pearce May 22nd, 2009 08:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peter Ferriero (Post 1145754)

anyone have any insight?

Sorry, i cant help other than to say it does work. I use Sony AVC to convert my files for Vimeo and V9 renders .mp4's fine.
Not sure why you would want multi pass etc for Vimeo (but then i dont know much anyway ;-)

Dave.

Roger Shealy May 27th, 2009 08:44 PM

Dave,

I have Vegas 8 Pro and I haven't found Vimeo able to load .avc files. I see .mp4 for SD, but how do you get .avc or .mp4 HD files from Vegas for Vimeo.

I've been using .wmv, but my footage doesn't look as clear as others using H.264 or .mp4, so I'm assuming its a combination of the codec and Vimeo's compression being optimized for H.264. I'd like to create the best file possible for Vimeo to get sharper, smoother images.

Dave Pearce May 28th, 2009 01:10 AM

When you go in to the template (for example in my case the PAL 1920 x 1080 AVCHD) go to the System tab and change the output to .mp4.
That will then output a .mp4 file that Vimeo will accept. I guess as your not using PAL then you could satrt with the NTSC template. Once you do all this you can save the template for future use.
Based on the above template i will then go to the Video tab and change the frame size to custom and enter 1280x720, change the profile to main, filed order to None (progressive scan), leave the bit rate at 16,000000 although as i said i think this might be more than enough and of course slows rendering down so you can lower it.

Hope this helps.

Dave.