Question about files... at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Old May 20th, 2009, 07:05 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Question about files...

I have a video project that is using a whole bunch of dvd files...I installed them through the DVD camcorder feature..now when I try to open the project.it is saying the files are missing and is making me go in file by file to replace them..
its very tedious..than sometimes the files once it opens are of other files..its just bizzare..wondering why this is happening..also is there anyway that once the file is loading that i can click on the time line and replace the file name?
Peter Ferriero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 20th, 2009, 07:48 PM   #2
Sponsor: JET DV

If the files were extracted from the DVD onto the hard drive, once assigned, they should not be forgotten. If you reassign them to a file on the hard drive, that should not be forgotten.

When you go to the Project Media tab, you can right-click any entry there and choose "Replace" to replace that file with another file.
Edward Troxel is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...