Rendering an Image Sequence at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Old June 2nd, 2009, 05:41 AM   #1
Major Player

Rendering an Image Sequence

I tested for the first time the built in Image Sequencer under "Render as" and am delighted with the result; very fast (about half real time speed) and simple. Someone on this or the Sony forum had complained about seeing a major slowdown compared to V 8c, but through further private correspondence it turned out he was using the old script so I thought I should mention this here if by chance he should catch my thread.

Worth mentioning as well: I had to load an 80 minute, 720p M2t file but I first did this in V8 and it took a long time to render the .wav peaks -- something like 10 or 15 minutes. The next time I needed to do this I used V9 and the track popped up in a flash... it made me almost jump!

Over all I am very happy with V9 and have received everything I was hoping for.
Old June 2nd, 2009, 06:06 AM   #2
Sponsor: JET DV

Good to hear. Yes, using the scripts in the older versions of Vegas for image sequences was definitely a LOT slower than the new method. While there's still cases where the script versions would be useful, the new "Render As" option is greatly appreciated.
Edward Troxel is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...