Vegas 8 Pro and Windows 7 64 bit at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Old June 7th, 2009, 11:58 AM   #1
Major Player

Vegas 8 Pro and Windows 7 64 bit

I currently have Vegas Pro 8 running on Vista Home Premium 32 bit. I plan on installing the 63 bit version of Windows 7 when the retail version is released. Will I be able to run Vegas Pro 8 on it without any issues?
Stephen Sobel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 7th, 2009, 07:12 PM   #2
Inner Circle

No one can possibly know that, not really. How could we? It's not released yet.

Many are running the Windows release canditate with no trouble so it would probably be a safe bet anyway. I would guess yes. But no one can know.

Windows 7, from what I've read is some kind of improved Vista and nothing more, so it should be fine.
Jeff Harper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 7th, 2009, 07:20 PM   #3
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Harper View Post
No one can possibly know that, not really. How could we? It's not released yet.

Many are running the Windows release canditate with no trouble so it would probably be a safe bet anyway. I would guess yes. But no one can know.

Windows 7, from what I've read is some kind of improved Vista and nothing more, so it should be fine.
I'm encouraged that the Windows RC appears to be ok. Thanks!
Stephen Sobel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 8th, 2009, 05:21 AM   #4
Major Player

I've been running Windows 7 since the beta came out in Jan/Feb(?)...with VegasPro 8.0c.
Now I'm running the RC with both Pro8 and Pro9...

Works just fine and Windows 7 is the best thing MS has done in a long, long time.

I will be buying the retail version when it comes out.

Bob
Old June 8th, 2009, 10:18 AM   #5
Inner Circle

I'm planning on purchasing it also Bob, as I've heard nothing but good about it. I have never had issues with Vista, though and never understood the bad rap it got.
I dislike a few things that were minor annoyances, but other than that it has been extremely stable.
Old June 8th, 2009, 06:34 PM   #6
Major Player

I too have been running Windows 7 RC for some time now and having used all of Microsoft's operating systems at lengths since about DOS 3.1, I can tell you that this truly does to appear to be one of their better products.

I don't know what it is but the OS just 'feels' refined, snappy, and easy going though I'll conceed I've not had the Vista nightmares most have complained about and found Vista 'ok' along the way. I just think Windows 7 is certainly a big step up.

If I were rebuilding or building a new machine today, I'd install Windows 7 RC right now and run with it, even in a production enviroment... but maybe I just like to live life on the edge.. :-)

Jon
Jon McGuffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 8th, 2009, 06:37 PM   #7
Inner Circle

the RC expires in July, so to me it seems pointless to install as there will be a gap of at least a few months between the expiration of the RC and the retail version.

Othewise I'd already have it installed also.
Old June 9th, 2009, 05:21 AM   #8
Major Player

Quote:
the RC expires in July, so to me it seems pointless to install as there will be a gap of at least a few months between the expiration of the RC and the retail version.

Negative on that, friend Jeff. The Beta expires in July. The RC expires June 1st, 2010.

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/win.../download.aspx
Old June 11th, 2009, 01:53 PM   #9
Major Player

Quote:

Bob is correct, but what happens in March of 2010 is that it starts to annoy you. So I figure the RC is free and open to use for about the next 9-10 months... That's a long time for what I consider to be a good free OS.

Jon
Jon McGuffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 11th, 2009, 08:31 PM   #10
Inner Circle

I wish I had installed it then. But as I've said I've never had issues with Vista. But I would've liked to try the RC.
Old June 24th, 2009, 12:27 PM   #11
Inner Circle

Bob, thanks to your correcting me I re-downloaded and then installed Windows 7 and it absolutely rocks. I can't believe everyone is not raving about this OS. I have an overclocked i7 and 12GB of ram and it really feels like this PC is fast, super fast. Unbelievable, thanks guys.
Old June 24th, 2009, 02:38 PM   #12
Major Player

Quote:
Bob, thanks to your correcting me I re-downloaded and then installed Windows 7 and it absolutely rocks. I can't believe everyone is not raving about this OS. I have an overclocked i7 and 12GB of ram and it really feels like this PC is fast, super fast. Unbelievable, thanks guys.
Cool! I've been telling everyone I know about it.

There is a good forum if you run into anything...

Windows 7 Forums

Enjoy!
Old June 24th, 2009, 04:12 PM   #13
Inner Circle

I absolutely refuse to believe there will be issues! I open up DVDA, it is instant...not even half a second.

My computer was quick before, but this is insane. This is how it is supposed to be.

Thanks for the link Bob, good stuff.
Jeff Harper is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...