DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   What Happens in Vegas... (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/what-happens-vegas/)
-   -   What's the Verdict on Vegas 9 ? (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/what-happens-vegas/237477-whats-verdict-vegas-9-a.html)

Jeff Harper July 5th, 2009 04:53 PM

Don't be sorry, I still love Windows 7, it is the best OS ever, no holds barrred. Or at least the best since Windows 98. This OS is that stable, even with bugs.

Fred Foronda July 9th, 2009 07:05 PM

I have Vegas 7. I am still undecided if I should jump into 9 or just go to 8. Been a Vegas user since 2001. Need you guys input..8 or 9? coming from 7.

Jeff Harper July 9th, 2009 08:22 PM

See the thread on "What's the Verdict on Vegas 9" and check some of the other threads on Vegas 9 and that should help you.

Edit: I referred you to the thread we are in, OK that didn't make sense for me to do.

Anyway, if you have read the thread entirely you'd probably be afraid of Vegas 9.

It might work for Edward (see below) but for many others it is not. You can get 8 cheaper.

Edward Troxel July 10th, 2009 06:49 AM

Fred, if you're upgrading from 7, is 8 even an option at this time? If you upgrade from Sony, you'll get 9.

Personally, 9 is working for me. If you're wanting to go 64-bit, 9-64 is MUCH better than 8.1.

Marc Salvatore July 10th, 2009 12:12 PM

Jeff,

I figured out a workaround for the losing interet/network connection in Windows 7—Uninstall Adobe CS3. Everything is fine now. Have not lost the internet once since doing that. Hopefully there is a better solution because I need to use CS3.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeff Harper (Post 1167319)
Interesting Marc. I wouldn't be surprised if that was the issue. If you learn of a solution please report back as I cannot find Bonjour listed in the programs list, thought I understand it could still be installed and it simply doesn't show up. I have also found that in task manager it does not show up under processes either.

edit: I did find a folder under Program Files named Bonjour.

Jeff Harper July 10th, 2009 03:02 PM

Uninstalling Adobe is not an option for me at this point, but thank you for sharing the info, at least I know now what is going on, kind of.

Marc Salvatore July 10th, 2009 03:08 PM

I hear you. Are you using CS3 or CS4?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeff Harper (Post 1170058)
Uninstalling Adobe is not an option for me at this point, but thank you for sharing the info, at least I know now what is going on, kind of.

Marc Salvatore July 10th, 2009 03:13 PM

Jeff,

Have you tried turning off user account control? That's one thing I did not try while I still had Adobe installed. Turning it off since has cured my problem encoding to Cineform in Vegas 64 so perhaps it might be worth a try.

Jeff Harper July 10th, 2009 03:28 PM

CS3. Turning off UAC in the past has cause some issue for me with Vista, and cannot always be cured when turning it back on, so I'm not keen on that idea, but it is an excellent thought, thank you.

Dale Guthormsen July 11th, 2009 06:09 PM

Marc,

I had filed 9-64 on the shelf because I couldn't use my cineform. Are you saying if I shut off user account control I would then be able to??

How do you go about that?

I have no real problems with 9-32, but I have been afaraid to really get on it with serious projects and have been doing them on 8 c.

Edward Troxel July 12th, 2009 06:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dale Guthormsen (Post 1170606)
I had filed 9-64 on the shelf because I couldn't use my cineform.

To use Cineform with the 64-bit versions of Vegas, check out this link from David Newman on the Sony forum:

Release candidate:

http://www.cineform.com/downloads/Ne...118-090701.zip

Marc Salvatore July 12th, 2009 12:44 PM

Yes, V9-64 and Cineform are working now. Make sure you use the latest Cineform build and in my case I had to turn off UAC in Windows 7 to get Cineform to render files.

There is also a Vegas patch for Cineform playback problems which will be included in V9a.

You can find it here. CineForm codec playback issues in Vegas Pro 9

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dale Guthormsen (Post 1170606)
Marc,

I had filed 9-64 on the shelf because I couldn't use my cineform. Are you saying if I shut off user account control I would then be able to??

How do you go about that?

I have no real problems with 9-32, but I have been afaraid to really get on it with serious projects and have been doing them on 8 c.

Marc Salvatore July 17th, 2009 05:05 PM

Jeff,

I figured out a workaround for the Adobe CS3 kills internet bug in Windows 7.

1. Open task manager and click on services. You will see "Bonjour" listed. Right click and choose "stop service"

2. Now go into C:\program files (x86) and open the Bonjour folder.

3. Rename the 2 files and then delete them and the folder.

4. Now restart Windows. Bounjour will still come up in services but it will be stopped and you should have internet access now.

Hope this works for you, Marc

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeff Harper (Post 1170058)

Jeff Harper July 19th, 2009 03:32 PM

Marc, it worked, thanks.

I simply deleted the folder and all is well!

Marc Salvatore July 19th, 2009 04:45 PM

Glad to hear it Jeff. I've not had a single internet problem since doing that.

Marc

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeff Harper (Post 1173740)
Marc, it worked, thanks.

I simply deleted the folder and all is well!