Best way to learn Vegas 8's advanced features at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Old June 23rd, 2009, 05:51 AM   #1
Major Player

Best way to learn Vegas 8's advanced features

What is the best resource for a serious person to unlock Vegas's full potential? I feel like I'm using the first 3 gears of a 5 speed sports car pretty good but want to drive the software on the AutoBahn now.

I've been using VMS7, VMS8, Vegas 7, and now Vegas 8 for about 4 years and am pleased with the results. I am at a point where I would like to go much deeper and learn the shortcuts, efficient ways to do things, and advanced features for compositing, masking etc to be more efficiently and get more professional results. I also get totally confused trying to use the renders to get .mp4 without interlacing, .mp4 without interlacing, how to use intermediates (cineform....), the "proper" way to use the 3 wheel color corrector....

My first preference would be something like Lynda.com produces, but as of now they don't deal with recent versions of Vegas and what they have is very limited.
Roger Shealy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 23rd, 2009, 08:42 AM   #2
Inner Circle

check out Edward Troxels newsletters and VASST for resources. They both have lots of great information posted.
Also read the help section of Vegas lots of good info there as well and finally, just play with it. Play, play, play you can't hurt a thing.
Old June 24th, 2009, 11:09 AM   #3
Major Player

I've played a ton, but ready to invest in the best materials. I've had several VASST experiences and conversations with Ed. I'll look into both again.

Thanks,
Roger Shealy is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...