DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   What Happens in Vegas... (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/what-happens-vegas/)
-   -   Title templates for Vegas (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/what-happens-vegas/238228-title-templates-vegas.html)

Bill Spearman June 30th, 2009 02:22 PM

Title templates for Vegas

I am working my way through the learning curve on Vegas, and am generally having a very good experience. However, I am really struggling with creating titles - in FCP I was able to create titles with motion and gradients fairly easily using "drag n drop" functions, resulting in a look very much like the opening of a news broadcast, etc. I have failed so far to create a title other than plain vanilla. Does anyone know of any similar templates that are available for use or purchase, or any better guidance for creating with a "wow" factor?

Edward Troxel June 30th, 2009 03:00 PM

Which exact version of Vegas do you have?

Jeff Harper June 30th, 2009 10:48 PM

The short answer is no.

The long answer is there is Bluff Titler to use to create titles (I don't have it) and Boris Graffitti (don't have it either) and ProType Titler in Vegas 8 and 9.

What you have seen done in FCP is pretty difficult to duplicate in Vegas per se, and some of it might not even be possible to duplicate in Vegas, though I could be wrong. You would have to use a third party program like Graffitti.

As Edward might have been alluding to there is the Pro Type Titler in Vegas 8 and 9, but I find it clumsy and as of yet I haven't taken the time to learn it's awkward workflow.

Ian Stark July 1st, 2009 05:06 AM

Bill, do you have an example of the sort of thing you made in FCP?

I regularly create titles in Vegas with motion, gradients, etc (and, like Jeff, I don't use the ProType Titler). Let me know the sort of thing you're trying to achieve and I'd be happy to try and come up with some ways of achieving a similar result in Vegas. I stress TRY!

Jeff Harper July 1st, 2009 07:55 AM

If I'm not mistaken I believe I have used a title template of some sort that Ian put out here, and it was very nice.

Edward Troxel July 1st, 2009 08:33 AM

By asking the version, I was trying to determine whether or not the protype titler was an option.

Using the standard generated media, adding titles with movements is simple - just add the proper keyframes on the placement tab.

Changing the color - a little more difficult depending on exactly what you need.

Now using the protype titler, the color gradient is easier to achieve. Plus, the movements you can place on the text are MUCH more varied. For example, you can have the text follow a curved line.

Bill Spearman July 1st, 2009 03:06 PM

Ed - I am using Version 9, recently purchased. I am learnign ProTitler, but am a pure beginner at it. Very likely that it has capabilities that I have not yet learned, and I am looking for a reasonably quick way to get up to speed. I have read the manual and do not believe I found reference to it, or at least did not recognize it.

Jeff, I appreciate the suggestion about Graffiti and will look at it.

Ian - what I recall had a line of type spin in and locate on the screen with other items listing fading in and out below it, such as detianls about the video you are about to see.

Thanks for your help in this, I sincerely appreciate it.

Jeff Harper July 1st, 2009 08:43 PM

Bill, be forewarned, Grafitti is complex and certainly no picnic, but it can do lots.