Vegas 9 drama continues - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Old July 9th, 2009, 03:07 PM   #16
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Harper View Post
I can only surmise the code in Vegas 9 was poorly written. Mind you I wouldn't know a line of code if I saw it.
But I know if a webpage's HTML is written poorly that it could work fine in some cases and in other cases the page might display in an unintended manner.
There must be a right way and wrong way to right code, and I'm wondering if this is the issue.
Name a piece of software that didn't have an patch provided within six months to fix some issues?

It's just not realistic to expect a new piece of software to run perfectly. There is no way the developers could ever test it over the wide range of OS's (even the same OS exists in different sates of 'patchedness), platforms and combos of peripherals that millions of different users have. It needs real-world time to expose all the crap they missed.
Old July 9th, 2009, 05:34 PM   #17
Inner Circle

You are right Dennis. Ridiculously sluggish performance, takes text from one project and puts in in another, crashes, no copy and paste from one project to another, all normal glitches I'm sure.

I thank God they didn't screw it up, then it would really be bad.
Jeff Harper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 10th, 2009, 06:54 AM   #18
Major Player

my trial version acts very strange; when I work on the project and need to jump to some other application and then come back to Vegas 9 - I have sand glass icon idling for 15 seconds before program is functional again. It is so sluggish!!!
opening HD project takes forever; it never happened on version 8.0c
Marius Boruch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 10th, 2009, 06:58 AM   #19
Sponsor: JET DV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Harper View Post
no copy and paste from one project to another
Are you opening Vegas TWICE??? If you open Vegas twice, you can copy from one and paste to the other.

If you simply open a project, copy, and then open another project in the same instance of Vegas, the clipboard gets cleared.
Edward Troxel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 10th, 2009, 07:04 AM   #20
Sponsor: JET DV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marius Boruch View Post
my trial version acts very strange; when I work on the project and need to jump to some other application and then come back to Vegas 9 - I have sand glass icon idling for 15 seconds before program is functional again. It is so sluggish!!!
opening HD project takes forever; it never happened on version 8.0c
Vegas "plays nice" with other applications. When it loses focus, it releases it's lock on all of the media it's using so other applications can use them. When it regains focus, it has to reconnect to the media.

The solution is to go to Options - Preferences and uncheck the 4th item down - "Close media files when not the active application". You might look at the next one as well - "Close audio and MIDI ports when not the active application"
Edward Troxel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 10th, 2009, 07:32 AM   #21
Major Player

Thank you Edward,
it fixed the problem
from another topic - do you some idea why this happens
http://www.dvinfo.net/conf/what-happ...ow-motion.html
Marius Boruch is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...