DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   What Happens in Vegas... (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/what-happens-vegas/)
-   -   Vegas GPU decoder (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/what-happens-vegas/238864-vegas-gpu-decoder.html)

Jay Allen July 11th, 2009 09:33 AM

Vegas GPU decoder

http://www.dvinfo.net/conf/digital-v...-premiere.html

It states it works with Vegas Pro 9.0a ???

I hope this is for real!!

Seth Bloombaum July 11th, 2009 11:05 AM

Divide Frame could rock the world for those acquiring in AVCHD/AVC/MPEG4/h.264 and using the supported nVidia graphics cards. Doesn't seem to have application outside this group... still, potentially very cool.

Dave Blackhurst July 11th, 2009 12:12 PM

Only bummer I see is I'm not planning on upgrading Vegas 8... and my NVIDIA card is a 7600 series...

Devin Termini July 11th, 2009 09:33 PM

It appears that this was just released today or yesterday. Hopefully some benchmarks are on the way. Maybe our intrepid HMC-150 users will be the first to experiment with this.

Chris Nicholson July 11th, 2009 11:19 PM

I assume this will speed up renders as well?

I have a very long render of a 2.5 hr 2 cam project going right now. I have 2 hmc150s and a GEforce 9600 graphics card running on an I7 920 machine. Project was shot in 1080 60, and I'm converting to SD for a DVD, and will also later do a blu ray version. SD is always the most time consuming render and the current one will be over 8 hrs.

When the current render is over I'll do the same render as a test with the GPU product to see how fast it speeds it up, and will post times.

Danny Fye July 11th, 2009 11:57 PM

Does not support my Radeon X1650 Series card thus it is too limited...

Danny Fye
VidMus Video - Music Productions

Chris Nicholson July 12th, 2009 12:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris Nicholson (Post 1170697)
I assume this will speed up renders as well?

I have a very long render of a 2.5 hr 2 cam project going right now. I have 2 hmc150s and a GEforce 9600 graphics card running on an I7 920 machine. Project was shot in 1080 60, and I'm converting to SD for a DVD, and will also later do a blu ray version. SD is always the most time consuming render and the current one will be over 8 hrs.

When the current render is over I'll do the same render as a test with the GPU product to see how fast it speeds it up, and will post times.

I tried to download, and found that it is only for the 32 bit version of Vegas, and 64-bit will come later in the year. Also, this is more to accelerate lagging video on the timeline than rendering which per the companies blog is only partially accelerated by this.

It still sounds worthwhile for me if /when they get the 64-bit version.

Jerome Cloninger July 13th, 2009 11:04 AM

Hope this works! I downloaded the trial, but am rendering 2 projects on my 2 computers right now......... I'll try it out whenever I get a chance. Thanks for the info!

Chris Nicholson July 14th, 2009 12:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jerome Cloninger (Post 1171198)
Hope this works! I downloaded the trial, but am rendering 2 projects on my 2 computers right now......... I'll try it out whenever I get a chance. Thanks for the info!

Very curious how this works and when this will be extended to a 64 bit version. Even with a relatively fast computer, I would love anything that gives some time improvement. Jerome, Are you using HMC150s?

Jerome Cloninger July 14th, 2009 08:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris Nicholson (Post 1171496)
Very curious how this works and when this will be extended to a 64 bit version. Even with a relatively fast computer, I would love anything that gives some time improvement. Jerome, Are you using HMC150s?

I was assuming that it would do GPU for regular stuff too like HDV M2T files, but it doesn't. I don't use the HMC150, I use the Canon XH-A1 cams....