DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   What Happens in Vegas... (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/what-happens-vegas/)
-   -   Any way to batch import files within folders into Vegas 9 project? (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/what-happens-vegas/239240-any-way-batch-import-files-within-folders-into-vegas-9-project.html)

Adi Head July 18th, 2009 02:23 AM

Any way to batch import files within folders into Vegas 9 project?

I'm beginning to work on a new project - on Vegas 9.
This will be the first time working on an HD project.
The movie was shot on a SONY PMW-EX1. All material was captured directly to memory card and then transferred to a 1TB USB 2.O external drive.

I now have this drive with me and I've plugged it into my computer. The next thing I want to do is import all of the MP4 files into Vegas 9, but I can't figure out how to batch import a bunch of files all at once.
The MP4 files are all in separate folders and when I try to import multiple folders into the project library - it just imports the file from the last folder in the list.

The folder structure is as follows:

1. the folder containing material transferred from the memory card to the disk on one particular transfer session. the folder name consists of 14 digits stating the date and time the transfer took place - YEAR, MONTH, DAY, HOUR, MINUTE, SECOND - for example: 20090617002658. there are 62 of these folders on the drive.

2. in each of these folders there is a single folder named: BPAV

3. in each of the BPAV folders there are two folders named: CLPR and TAKR; and two files named: CUEUP.XML and MEDIAPRO.XML

4. i'm not sure what the TAKR folder is. sometimes it is empty and other times it contains an additional folder with .SMI and .XML files in it.

5. The MP4 files I will eventually need to import into Vegas are in the CLPR folder. When opening the CLPR folder I get a list of several folders - one folder for each .MP4 clip. The folder name is identical to the name of the .MP4 file that resides within the folder. Other than the .MP4 file in the folder there are four more files. For example, the folder named 701_0812_01 contains the following files:
701_0812_01.MP4
701_0812_01.SMI
701_0812_01I01.PPN
701_0812_01M01.XML
701_0812_01R01.BIM

As I've explained before, I want to just grab the bunch of folders and import them into my Vegas project, hoping that Vegas will identify the MP4 files in each of the folders and import them... but it isn't doing that. It's just importing the MP4 file in the last folder in the list. So unless there is a way to batch import these folders, I'll have to go into each folder separately and import the .MP4 files one-by-one.

Given the folder structure described above, this will take a long while and can easily lead to missed files. I'm sure there should be a way around this.... can someone please help?

Edward Troxel July 18th, 2009 06:44 AM

Probably your best bet would be to write a script that would go through the folders, find the MP4 files, and then pull them all into Vegas.

Aleksey Tarasov July 19th, 2009 11:06 PM

Firstly, you should get all your media files as one list. You can use any file manager or Windows Search (just click Windows+F), for example.
And then you can select the files and drag them to the Vegas Project Media Window