New features of Vegas 9 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Old July 20th, 2009, 08:03 AM   #1
Regular Crew

New features of Vegas 9

Hi guys

I just wanted to say how great I think the new defocus tool is for wedding photography. This is an effect that is very easy to use and very nice to start and end a cut. Also I just purchased cineform newscnene for $89 from videoguys.com after coupon and all I can say is wow. The video just seems to really retain the quality when I move the levels around. Feels like I'm working in RAW on a still camera.

Let me know how you are using Vegas 9 and some of the other new tools like glint etc. What's your favorite new feature that I haven't discovered yet?

-Jonathan Gentry
Jonathan Gentry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 21st, 2009, 12:19 AM   #2
Regular Crew

without sounding too simple,

the defocus tool is essentially a transition effect, focusing in at start and out at end of a clip?
Martin Wiosna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 21st, 2009, 01:16 AM   #3
Old Boot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan Gentry View Post
Let me know how you are using Vegas 9 and some of the other new tools like glint etc. What's your favorite new feature that I haven't discovered yet?
Well:

1] Fill - This allows me to do some of what Bump Map did for me, but without the directional properties of BM. Pity . .. Also, and without the directional stuff of BM, the existing Levels does something similar anyway. Opportunity missed here.

2] Soft Contrast - Sure, that's good. But nothing I can't do with Bezier Mask and futzing about. Saves time. Why no Thumb-wheel control? Other Vegas FX Sliders have this? Odd. Again, opportunity lost here.

3] Defocus - Wanna give an example just where you'd use that in a Wedding?

4] I like the Auto Preview option. SCS has listened to us all about getting nearer Framerate AUTOMATICALLY without digging into the GPU - not this time hey?

5] Starburst! - Spectacular! Like good Malt Whiskey, a little goes a long way.

6] Rays - Been doing this for a client's Logo/Text. Again very controllable, but why no Thumb-wheel control? Odd....

Grazie
Graham Bernard is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...