DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   What Happens in Vegas... (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/what-happens-vegas/)
-   -   Need Help With Crossfade Issue (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/what-happens-vegas/239527-need-help-crossfade-issue.html)

Jeff Vivrette July 22nd, 2009 05:50 PM

Need Help With Crossfade Issue

Hi everyone,
First post here. Greatful for any help I can get.

I am using Vegas Pro 8.0b (Build 217). I imported a clip and split it up as needed. Now I can not get clips to crossfade (auto crossfade is on). I also can not get any clips, except the first clip to fade at all by slecting the corner and dragging it over.

Yep, I'm kinda new to vegas and video in general!

The clips, when I drag the corner over, have a blue line and a white line crossing each other and look like a cross fade. But no transition occurs.

When I drag a clip over another, no crossfade.

Not sure what to do. I appreciate your help.

Mike Kujbida July 22nd, 2009 07:53 PM

Vegas 8 stopped at 8.0c so you might want to grab the latest version for the bug fixes if nothing else.

For your crossfade issue, make sure that you didn't accidentally disable Automatic Crossfades.
It's under the Options menu, is a toolbar icon and the shortcut is Ctrl+Shift+X.

Jeff Vivrette July 23rd, 2009 05:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike Kujbida (Post 1175248)
Vegas 8 stopped at 8.0c so you might want to grab the latest version for the bug fixes if nothing else.

For your crossfade issue, make sure that you didn't accidentally disable Automatic Crossfades.
It's under the Options menu, is a toolbar icon and the shortcut is Ctrl+Shift+X.

Thanks for your reply Mike. I'll upgrade to 8.0c and see if that helps.

I've tried toggling Automatic Crossfades and it didn't resolve the problem.

Very frustrating indeed.

Jeff Harper July 23rd, 2009 08:19 AM

Something is wrong, either with your settings or you have a bad installation...I've not heard of this problem myself.

As a last resort completely uninstall Vegas and then install 8.0c. It should be fine then.

Mike Kujbida July 23rd, 2009 08:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeff Harper (Post 1175417)
As a last resort completely uninstall Vegas and then install 8.0c. It should be fine then.

I'd hate for hime to have to do that so I'll offer one more suggestion and that's to reset Vegas by holding CTRL+SHIFT while launching it.
Be advised that any customization you did anywhere will have to be re-done as this resets everything.

Jeff Harper July 23rd, 2009 08:41 AM

Didn't know you could do that Mike, nice thing to know...

Mike Kujbida July 23rd, 2009 08:45 AM

Jeff, fortunately I've never had to do that but it's another Vegas tip that I remember reading about somewhere.

Jeff Vivrette July 29th, 2009 07:35 PM

When I copied and pasted from "trimmer", the fades worked fine.