DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   What Happens in Vegas... (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/what-happens-vegas/)
-   -   Plug in for Masking in Vegas (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/what-happens-vegas/239576-plug-masking-vegas.html)

Thomas Roberts July 23rd, 2009 09:06 AM

Plug in for Masking in Vegas

Hi guys,

Is there a plug in for Sony Vegas that does auto tracking when you are working with Masks? Does Mocha exist for Vegas....

Thanks

Ian Stark July 23rd, 2009 11:52 AM

Not aware of anything Thomas, although you would think that with stabiliser plugins such as Mercalli available for Vegas the capability to track moving points across time is certainly there.

The challenge goes out to the plugin developers!

Graham Bernard July 23rd, 2009 10:34 PM

When I view Mercali working, it analyzes Full Frames and compares FramePosition1 to FramePostion2 and then FramePositionN. Added to which Mercali has this option to weight the analysis to the centre of the frame or to the border. I don't see a grid of points being employed? My other deshake s/w does something similar.

My thoughts are that there would be a need for developers to be able to get at the underlying code to augment a meshing together of "points"?

Grazie

Graham Bernard July 23rd, 2009 10:38 PM

I think, as I read your "other" post Thomas, you have a solution provided by Richard? Yes?

Grazie

Ian Stark July 24th, 2009 01:06 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Graham Bernard (Post 1175842)
When I view Mercali working, it analyzes Full Frames and compares FramePosition1 to FramePostion2 and then FramePositionN. Added to which Mercali has this option to weight the analysis to the centre of the frame or to the border. I don't see a grid of points being employed? My other deshake s/w does something similar.

My thoughts are that there would be a need for developers to be able to get at the underlying code to augment a meshing together of "points"?

Grazie

Of course I'm not suggesting Mercalli will do the job as is. My point is that the technology exists to identify areas of a Vegas frame (see printscreen) and therefore that *concept* could be applied to the issue of tracking. As far as I can see, Mercalli analyses PARTS of a frame and compares those parts to the same shapes in the next frame to determine their relative position and adjust accordingly. Surely that's what motion tracking is? After Effects uses the same engine for stabilisation as it does for motion tracking. And tracking doesn't have to be based on points anyway - Mocha, for instance, is a planar tracker, where the user defines an area or plane to be tracked.

EDIT:

John Rofrano July 27th, 2009 06:53 AM

You could use Boris RED/Boris FX to do the auto tracking but you have to load the video manually. You drop Boris on the clip and when you open it, you have to manually load the video while in Boris so that Boris has access to the frames. You can then use the Motion Tracker in Boris to do point tracking and attach a mask to the point tracker all within Boris and never leaving Vegas.

~jr