Vegas8c crashing in Vista 64Bit at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Old July 27th, 2009, 10:36 AM   #1
Trustee

Vegas8c crashing in Vista 64Bit

Anyone trying this? I set up Vista biz 64bit on a Mac Pro via Bootcamp but it keeps exiting the program during editing. Vegas 9 works well for editing, but cannot complete rendering. Only V9a 64bit was able to complete rendering, but all my plugins are shut out. What should I do? No official support from SCS as the OS and V8/9 32bit are not supported...
Sean Seah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 27th, 2009, 01:10 PM   #2
Inner Circle

You can always try the old standby solution of reducing the number of threads in Vegas and see if that helps.

Hopefully someone will have an idea or you will figure it out. If not you could edit from an external HD then render on a PC. Not glamorous or the desireable way to do it, but it would work till you have a fix.
Jeff Harper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 27th, 2009, 08:46 PM   #3
Trustee

I already reduced the thread to 2 previously but it didnt work as well,. I installed Win7 R2 64bit eventually but now, Magic Bullet Looks cant load. Will have to try the XP simulator tonight.

Luckily i have a MBP that is working with V8. I will edit from there first.
Old July 27th, 2009, 08:58 PM   #4
Inner Circle

Good luck with the XP thing. I don't know anything about it but I've heard it is rather unpredictable, and to run it on a Mac...I don't know...you're pretty brave.
Jeff Harper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 28th, 2009, 10:02 AM   #5
Trustee

ha ha... sorta run out of choices! Limited funds dun permit a new machine. Anyway, I managed to run V9a 32bit and 64bit pretty ok on Win7. However I'm missing MB Looks 1.2. Somehow it doesnt work even in XP compatibility mode.

V8 however, is still crashing on me. I will have to uninstall and redo it again
Old July 31st, 2009, 08:57 AM   #6
Trustee

Give up. Reinstalled Vista 2x, MB looks 10x but it doesnt on a Mac Pro 2009.
Sean Seah is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...