DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   What Happens in Vegas... (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/what-happens-vegas/)
-   -   More Vegas 5 at NAB - News Posted (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/what-happens-vegas/24065-more-vegas-5-nab-news-posted.html)

Jay Mitchell April 4th, 2004 05:33 PM

More Vegas 5 at NAB - News Posted

I just posted more info on what to expect from Sony Vegas 5 at NAB on the Sony Vegas Forums.

NAB is Ground Zero for Information and New Product Releases in our Industry. And some of us - including this forum's leader have lived in the trenches this past year to ensure the continued success and future of Vegas.

If you look down a few posts - you will see that I first broke the News of the Vegas Gettogether, a few days ago. There were not many replies on this forum. The replies seem to be centered on the Sony Vegas Forums - for which I just included the link - as per your request.

http://mediasoftware.sonypictures.co...lies=22&Page=0

Here is some more info on what to expect from Sony Vegas at NAB.

There will be a Special Vegas 5 and DVD Architect 2 Classroom - just across from the Sony Booth. The Classroom will have 20 seats with Sony Vaio Laptops - loaded with Vegas 5 and DVDA2.

There will be (8) 45 minute sessions of hands on Vegas 5 and DVDA2 Training and Feature Familiarization on each of the days of NAB.

The seats will be on a first come first served basis. This should be very popular with Vegas Users and Newcomers.

I am not auhorized to give out the specifics of Vegas 5 Features, yet. But, I am authorized by Sony to give you guys a heads up on what to expect, while there!

I would like to recommend to everyone that you consider joining the Southern California Vegas Group. There are special benefits and discounts that may be available to our members. You do not have to live in Southern California to participate or become a member.

--Jay Mitchell

Jay Mitchell

Jay Mitchell April 5th, 2004 02:40 PM

I, am the leader of the Southern California Vegas Users Group. And, I am always trying to improve All Vegas Users Experiences, Throught the World. My Record and Status with Sony - proves this to be true.

At NAB: My Group has received Authorization and Permission from Sony Pictures Digital to Videotape one of the Vegas 5 and DVDA2 Seminars and Edit it on Vegas 5 and Stream it to ALL OF YOU who cannot attend NAB.

Jay Mitchell

Edward Troxel April 5th, 2004 03:15 PM

Jay,

Thank you for your efforts and DO keep this community informed of useful information.

Wish I could meet you at NAB. Hope the video turns out well and hope to have an opportunity to view it.

John Gaspain April 5th, 2004 05:44 PM

"I, am the leader of the Southern California Vegas Users Group"....

Welcome to the World Wide Web!

Will Fastie April 5th, 2004 06:42 PM

Release Date

Anyone have any idea when DVDA2 is expected to hit the street?

Will

Edward Troxel April 5th, 2004 07:00 PM

Re: Release Date

<<<-- Originally posted by Will Fastie : Anyone have any idea when DVDA2 is expected to hit the street?

Will -->>>

Yes. Someone does. However, anyone who does is not allowed to say. Anyone who says, doesn't know.

Will Fastie April 5th, 2004 07:06 PM

Oh, Edward, you're such a card!

I feel like I'm in court -- I'll rephrase: Will somebody who knows tell me when DVDA2 is expected to hit the street?

Will

Peter Wright April 5th, 2004 09:27 PM

V5 and DVDA2 are being launched at NAB this month.

I expect it to "hit the street" immediately afterwards.

Jay Mitchell April 6th, 2004 04:11 AM

I can assure you that I am not a Newbie in the Vegas Community.
And, Although I am not a Regular Poster on this Vegas Forum - I am Well Known and Respected for my Contributions to the Success of Vegas and the Professional Advancement of All Vegas Users, throughout the World. I Enjoy a Special Entrusted Relationship with Sony Pictures Digital.

Specifically, In this case - I was empowered to get Certain Information out to ALL VEGAS USERS and not just those in the Southern California Vegas Users Group, for which I am the Host and Moderator.

I have done alot of recognized work towards Vegas Users Group Involvement, Participation, Training and Enjoyment for this Very Special Vegas 5 NAB.

Here is just some of what I have done for All Vegas Users, including those in this forum.

I am responsible for making discount lodging arrangements possible for All Vegas Users to Attend NAB.

I, exclusively released the Info on the Sony Sponsored Vegas Users Meeting and Hosted Reception at NAB.

I, exclusively released the info about the Vegas 5 +DVDA2 Classroom Seminars at NAB.

I exclusively received permission from Sony to Videotape, Edit on Vegas 5 and Stream the Seminars to all of the faithful and loyal Vegas Users who cannot attend this important event, in person.

I will be making the First Broadcast of Vegas 5 Produced Content, from NAB.

I Just offered a Contest to Win a Free Copy of Vegas 5 +DVDA2 Production Suite to the Members of the Southern California Vegas Users Group.

I am involved in the Vegas Editors Certifcation Process, under development.

I do this Freely for The benefit of All Vegas Users, regardless of what Forum they are loyal to.

I'd Post a link - But, I'm a Newbie and Not to be Trusted.

Jay Mitchell

Edward Troxel April 6th, 2004 07:25 AM

<<<-- Originally posted by Will Fastie : Oh, Edward, you're such a card!

I feel like I'm in court -- I'll rephrase: Will somebody who knows tell me when DVDA2 is expected to hit the street?

Will -->>>

Will, did you happen to get an e-mail from Sony???

Will Fastie April 6th, 2004 07:42 AM

Yes, Edward, indeed I did. I found it very exciting and am saddened that I cannot make it to NAB, although I should reconsider that.

One might presume from the email that 5+2 would be showing up promptly after NAB, as Peter suggests. However, it is not unusual for Sony to announce new products about a quarter before they are actually available. Information on those products shows up on Sony's sites, often with a "pre-order" option.

At this point, all we have is the email and the information posted by Jay at various forums. There is no official announcement from Sony, at least nothing I could find yesterday. Because there is only the "private" announcement and nothing public, I'm wondering about timing.

While I'm sure the improvements to Vegas 5, whatever they are, will be welcome, I'm most interested in DVDA2, both its features and its availability. I did not invest in DVDA1 because it fell short of my needs. The time is rapidly approaching when I will need the serious authoring capabilities. You can understand why getting the details of DVDA2 at the earliest possible time is important -- upgrading to Vegas 5 is a no-brainer, but there are options in DVD authoring. I'd hate to take another direction if Sony is going to provide the answer I need.

Will

Bill Ravens April 6th, 2004 07:44 AM

don'tcha just love this forum?
what is it with this forum and negativity?
seems like people just can't leave one another alone without posting some criticism.
here I am, doing the same...sheeesh.

Glen Elliott April 6th, 2004 08:17 AM

I wonder if DVDA2 will now be available separately. Also are the "gags" allowed to at least mention price? I'd like to know how much this uprgrade is going to co$t.
Lastly is the upgrade going to be just that..an upgrade. Or will it be a full new install which looks for a previous version of Vegas 4 before installing?

Bill Ravens April 6th, 2004 08:28 AM

SoFo always provided a full upgrade. I can't imagine that Sony will change that policy. You can also count on the price increasing, substantially. SoFo undercharged for this product for years. I would suggest buying V4, now, and getting a break on the upgrade to v5. DVDA is not the best product in the existing version. There is MUCH better, available for the money. perhaps it'll be improved with this release, but, for my money, Ulead's MovieFactory is a much better product.

Glen Elliott April 6th, 2004 08:35 AM

Oh I already have Vegas+DVD, I got it at an incredible price over at DVDirect.com for $299. It was at that price for a little over a week then it went up. I hope I don't have to spend more on an upgrade than I did for the programs themselves.