Vegas 9.0a some video events are red instead of thumbnail at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Old August 4th, 2009, 08:25 PM   #1
Major Player

Vegas 9.0a some video events are red instead of thumbnail

After opening a project today, I noticed many video events are bright red instead of the thumbnails.. I would need to zoom in all the way for the event's thumbnail to be rebuilt. Why is this happening?
Yang Wen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 4th, 2009, 09:10 PM   #2
Inner Circle

it's been my experience that RED = corrupt clip. Now that could be any number of things. One bad frame MIGHT cause it.
I've experienced it on occassion with images I pull from a still camera-the image is so large that Vegas chokes on it and it goes RED but not always.
You might close everything out and reboot then reopen Vegas and try pulling the clip in again. If it doesn't work at least you can take that off the list.
Old August 4th, 2009, 09:20 PM   #3
Inner Circle

Yang, this has been reported a few times on the Sony Vegas forum and it appears to be yet another 9.0a bug.
Please file a detailed report with Sony Technical Support in the hopes that they will get it fixed sooner rather than later.
Mike Kujbida is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...