DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   What Happens in Vegas... (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/what-happens-vegas/)
-   -   Professional DVDA menu templates (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/what-happens-vegas/245197-professional-dvda-menu-templates.html)

Thomas Roberts August 5th, 2009 10:48 PM

Professional DVDA menu templates

Is there anyone that makes and sells professional DVDA Menu Templates?

Thanks,

Jeff Harper August 5th, 2009 10:54 PM

Don't think so. There are some available for Premier Pro and Final Cut, but I've not seen any for DVDA.

Jason Robinson August 6th, 2009 10:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thomas Roberts (Post 1186369)

Thanks,

The templates on DVDA are the bane of my dvd mastering existence. Why must they look like cheap crap! Honestly?!?!

I too long for some good, clean, templates.

Jeff Harper August 7th, 2009 06:45 AM

3 Attachment(s)
The only thing good about the templates is they force you to get creative.

You can create nice looking DVD menus of your own. Here's a simple one that my clients like. Use cookie cutter in Vegas to create the effect here for an elegant DVD menu movie and then use text only buttons with a nice font and you're done.

Simple and effective.

Dugi Barr August 7th, 2009 07:29 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Or create them in photoshop and "hide" the image and text buttons behind your graphic

Edward Troxel August 7th, 2009 07:29 AM

I've never used a "template" for any of my DVDs. I find it easy enough to create from scratch and they'll all be unique that way as well.

Rich Petruccelli August 7th, 2009 09:08 AM

I make a background slideshow of the highlights of the disc in Proshow Producer. Easy to do and it looks real good.

Jason Robinson August 7th, 2009 10:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thomas Roberts (Post 1186369)

Thanks,

another gripe is why can't the DVDA software switch aspect ratios on all the masks, buttons, when the project is 16:9. All the masks and buttons are still 4:3 which looks bad!

Bill Spearman August 8th, 2009 07:32 PM

Those examples are impressive! Thanks for sharing them. It really helps to see creative and beautiful work like that.

Manohar Hegde August 10th, 2009 08:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rich Petruccelli (Post 1192313)
I make a background slideshow of the highlights of the disc in Proshow Producer. Easy to do and it looks real good.

Can you give some more details as how you create background slideshow and bring them in DVDA

Thanks

Thomas Roberts August 10th, 2009 10:28 AM

Seems like this would be a very good entre for some very savvy and creative types to develop this for the Vegas Pro community....

I too end up using the start from scratch....