DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   What Happens in Vegas... (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/what-happens-vegas/)
-   -   Waves plug-in for Vegas (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/what-happens-vegas/245553-waves-plug-vegas.html)

Brian Luce August 6th, 2009 12:55 AM

Waves plug-in for Vegas

An audio guy said the plug-in WAVES has most of the features needed for audio editing with Vegas. There are several companies that make a software called WAVES. I'm assuming he meant this Software Downloads - Download- Waves Vocal Bundle Native - fl studio 8, fruity loops, vst plugins, soft synth, vsti plug-ins which is made by VST. Anyone have experience with this plug-in?

Mike Kujbida August 6th, 2009 04:57 AM

Brian, I know you've heard the expression "if it sounds too good to be true, it probably is".
That definitely applies here as that plugin is $1,000.00 when bought directly from Waves themselves.
I don't know what you're getting for $20 other than, IMO, ripped off.
As far as the various offerings from Waves, do a search here as I believe that Douglas Spotted Eagle said they were overpriced and that similar products were available for far less money.
Tell us what it is that you're looking for and hopefully we can offer some advice.

Richard Hunter August 6th, 2009 06:53 AM

I have a Waves plugin bundle I bought a few years back. They are very good, but yes a bit expensive compared to the competition. Still using them though so I suppose I'm getting my money's worth.

Richard

John Cline August 6th, 2009 08:14 AM

First of all, WAVES is the name of the company. They made a very wide range of audio plugins and they are all very high quality and somewhat expensive. I've been in the audio production business since 1968 and as far as I'm concerned, the WAVES plugins are worth every penny.

Secondly, VST is an audio plugin interface, not the name of a company.

Exactly what type of audio processing are you looking to do? Compression EQ, noise reduction, etc?

Brian Luce August 7th, 2009 02:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by John Cline (Post 1187881)
First of all, WAVES is the name of the company. They made a very wide range of audio plugins and they are all very high quality and somewhat expensive. I've been in the audio production business since 1968 and as far as I'm concerned, the WAVES plugins are worth every penny.

I found the waves software package the engineer was talking about, it's...gulp...$7,000.

Mike Kujbida August 7th, 2009 04:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brian Luce (Post 1191186)
I found the waves software package the engineer was talking about, it's...gulp...$7,000.

We forgot to mention that you need a 2nd or 3rd mortgage to be able to afford anything from this company :-)

FYI, the link in your first post no longer works, even when you go to the home page.

Brian Luce August 7th, 2009 04:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike Kujbida (Post 1191437)
We forgot to mention that you need a 2nd or 3rd mortgage to be able to afford anything from this company :-)

FYI, the link in your first post no longer works, even when you go to the home page.

That's interesting the link is dead, someone had the audacity to put an ad for a pirated version? didn't know people were so shameless.

Mike Kujbida August 7th, 2009 04:51 AM

Quote:

didn't know people were so shameless.
I guess he packed up his wagon and snake oil and moved on to the next web site :-)

Bill Warshaw August 10th, 2009 06:16 PM

I use the WAVES Gold Bundle (Native) in Vegas 8 all the time - worth every penny! Available at ZZounds for a lot less than $7k. You'll also need to purchase an iLok key.

Waves Native Gold Bundle from zZounds.com!

/BILLW

Seth Bloombaum August 11th, 2009 10:57 AM

There's no question Waves has some outstanding plugins. Their L1 and C1 dynamics processors set the standards, but all the plugs are good.

They're not the only game in town - I'm a big fan of Izotope Ozone. This is an outstanding mastering package on a budget - I use the loudness maximizer on almost every project, and their other plugs come into play on music projects...

Adam Levy February 20th, 2011 12:49 PM

hey i've been looking into waves plugins lately. they have a package specifically for video editors. how come you guys don't use that one instead of the more expensive ones? its only 500. do you really need more than what's in it?

Magnus Helander February 20th, 2011 05:16 PM

Ozone is really something - i use it on every project, and it does crazy stuff on vocal/VO tracks.
Loudness maximizer, reverb, widening, dynamics, EQ, compressor, limiter and zillions of presets
iZotope Ozone 4 Complete Mastering System
Highly recommended
/m

Ian Stark February 20th, 2011 06:02 PM

Another vote for Ozone here, primarily for the ease of use and the wide range of presets that are bundled or can be downloaded. I'm getting lazy! Quality is great for what I need these days.

I don't own any Waves plugins but I did use them widely on a music project some years ago. They are absolutely outstanding and given the funds I would buy them myself. Some of the more esoteric ones like Doppler and Enigma are lovely. I don't recall ever using the mastering tools though. Just for completeness I also owned an early version of T-Racks a while back - that was another nice collection of mastering tools with a lovely UI.

These days, though, it's just Ozone and the built in Vegas audio plugins. In Cakewalk Sonar, which I use for music and more complex audio, the built in vocal strip, percussion strip etc fx are just sublime.