DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   What Happens in Vegas... (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/what-happens-vegas/)
-   -   Changing time code number (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/what-happens-vegas/254513-changing-time-code-number.html)

Paul Fierlinger August 8th, 2009 09:14 AM

Changing time code number

I used to be able to see a small yellow window next to the cursor head in which I could change my timecode numbers. I can't see this anymore in V 9. I want to change my timecode start number from 00:00:00:00 to 01:00:00:00. I am using the Sony Video Output FX Timecode. Can someone please tell me how to change the start number?
EDIT: I found the place! I've been trying to locate this for the past two days. Now that I've posted the question I try one more olace and there it is. This happens a lot to me.

Edward Troxel August 8th, 2009 02:49 PM

Glad you found it.

Paul Fierlinger August 8th, 2009 03:04 PM

In case someone down the line fishes out this thread searching for the same answer, it's RMB on the small panel with the timecode readout>Time Format>Set Time at cursor (all the way at the bottom of the menu).

Perrone Ford August 8th, 2009 04:04 PM

Where on earth are you talking about? I just change my ruler to start my timecode where I want, but I tried to find this out of curiosity.

Can you post a screen shot?

Paul Fierlinger August 8th, 2009 05:45 PM

sorry, I don't know how to post a screen print on this forum. It's a simple location. It's that detachable panel, called Time Display that is usually situated at the very top left of the timeline. You can actually remove it from the timeline panel and place it wherever you want. All it shows is the current time code in large numbers, at the position of your cursor. If you right click on it you'll find the drop down menu I described.

Paul Fierlinger August 8th, 2009 05:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paul Fierlinger (Post 1198030)
sorry, I don't know how to post a screen print on this forum. It's a simple location. It's that detachable panel, called Time Display that is usually situated at the very top left of the timeline. You can actually remove it from the timeline panel and place it wherever you want. All it shows is the current time code in large numbers, at the position of your cursor. If you right click on it you'll find the drop down menu I described.

EDIT:, Actually I now found out that you can RMB on top of the ruler and get the same menu -- simpler.

Edward Troxel August 9th, 2009 06:25 AM

Yeah, I always just right-click the timeline area to pull up the menu where you can select the option to change the starting timecode. However, I've never found a need to change the starting timecode. And, in-fact, it can make some scripts misbehave. For some of my scripts, I actually have to reset the beginning of the timeline back to zero via scripting, run the script function, and then reset it back to where you had it. Invisible for you - but a pain of a workaround for me.

Paul Fierlinger August 9th, 2009 11:00 AM

This is the second time I've been asked to change it from all zeros to starting at 1 hour. In both cases it was sound related. I think musicians and filmout (Dolby) people are setup that way.

Perrone Ford August 9th, 2009 11:31 AM

Broadcast is set up that way. You need bars, tone, slate, leader, and program starts at 1:00:00:00. Gotta have pre-roll!