Print to hdv tape at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Old August 16th, 2009, 02:38 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Print to hdv tape

Hi,

When using the print to HDV tape option, it uses the default template 1080-50i (for PAL) without any facility to alter the settings. This template selects upper field first and medium video quality. My footage is 25p. Does this make any difference? ie if I recapture the resulting tape to Vegas would I still treat the material as progessive when rendering.

I assume I do but then what's the point of the 1080-50i template having the option of setting the field order to none (progressive) rather than upper field first. This option, as stated above, cannot be selected when printing to HDV tape.
Mark Howells is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 18th, 2009, 05:01 PM   #2
Major Player

Vegas only supports writing on tape interlaced streams. If your footage is PF25 instead of 50i, and your project properties are set as 50i rather than as PF25, then Vegas won't re-encode and won't lose the cadence of the progressiveness in the 50i stream.
Eugenia Loli-Queru is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...