A clip I did in Vegas 5 - Page 3 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Old July 15th, 2004, 07:37 PM   #31
Wrangler

<<<-- Originally posted by Glenn Chan : Alpha = transparency. In the secondary color corrector, you can set alpha to 0 (hence, the affected footage becomes transparent; you can invert mask to make everything else transparent). Does that make sense? -->>>

Makes perfect sense- just never knew or thought to try that.

Charley- Yeah the highlight Vignette from the Nurse's Day Awards Ceremony a few months back was a bit more upbeat and hip w/ fast cuts and a more charged score. Personally I feel this peice is better from an objective videography standpoint. There were "more" things in that peice that bothered me than this one. I'm my own worst critic.

Btw, Edward has been sending me some .VEG's with some cool results he achieved using the balloons clip I sent him.
Glen Elliott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 15th, 2004, 07:39 PM   #32
Sponsor: JET DV

Feel free to post them if you want, Glen. You'll need to post the picture too.
Edward Troxel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 16th, 2004, 09:11 PM   #33
Wrangler

The webspace I have available only allows JPG, MPG, WMV, and TXT files.
Old July 18th, 2004, 06:38 AM   #34
Major Player

Very nice... I need to learn more about the filtering and slomo in Vegas ..What do you do at the hospital?

Vince
Vince Debart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 18th, 2004, 09:24 AM   #35
Wrangler

I have a clerical position. Even if I end up doing Wedding Videography full-time I'd most likely still work there at least part time to continue recieving my state benefits.
Old July 18th, 2004, 10:37 AM   #36
Major Player

I hear that... I work for a pretty good media co. the bennys are good and I like what I do ...doing weddings on the side since HI8 Canon L1. I want to grow the wedding business some more but would stay at my day job ..What camera did you use ..I think I saw a post where you had Pana. 100 but moved to the Sony 170 true? I have the 150 and love it at this time I am looking for a backup camera vx 2000 or pdx10.. I know the pdx10 is not very good in low light but it would be the backup so....

Vince
Old July 19th, 2004, 07:44 AM   #37
Wrangler

Yes it was shoot with a PD-170. All my current weddings are shot with a PD-170 and VX2100. I've worked with the DVX100, GL-1, XL-1s..and the PD-170/VX2100 are by far (IMO) the best wedding videography cams. Not only are they small and versitile they are unsurpassed in low light quality- dark receptions are no longer a hassle.
Old July 20th, 2004, 09:52 AM   #38
Major Player

thanks Glen

I am a big Sony fan, very robust in the broadcast indst. and it is so in the videography world

Vince
Old July 20th, 2004, 01:14 PM   #39
Major Player

<<<-- Originally posted by Charley Gallagher : Back to commenting on the music part of this video. Glen I think the cutting of the music you did on the closing of your last recent Nurses' Day celebration was more impressive than this piece...and it was upbeat to meet the mood of the celebration.
-->>>

I didn't see the previous clip but I didn't think the music quite fit on this one. Unless I misunderstand this was a celebration video, right? The music was a bit too somber for my taste.

Just my opinion.

Dennis Vogel
Dennis Vogel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 20th, 2004, 01:20 PM   #40
Major Player

<<<-- Originally posted by Glen Elliott :
The track is entitled "Reunion" off the Children of Dune TV series soundtrack. -->>>

Oops! Did you secure the rights to use this? As an experienced videoographer I'm sure you're aware of copyright issues. I'd hate to see you get burned.

Dennis Vogel
Old July 20th, 2004, 01:46 PM   #41
Wrangler

<<<-- Originally posted by Dennis Vogel : <<<-- Originally posted by Charley Gallagher : Back to commenting on the music part of this video. Glen I think the cutting of the music you did on the closing of your last recent Nurses' Day celebration was more impressive than this piece...and it was upbeat to meet the mood of the celebration.
-->>>

I didn't see the previous clip but I didn't think the music quite fit on this one. Unless I misunderstand this was a celebration video, right? The music was a bit too somber for my taste.

Just my opinion.

Dennis Vogel -->>>

It wasn't a "celebration" really it's an awards ceremony- I wanted it to have a more heart-felt dramatic feel to the opening.
Old July 20th, 2004, 01:57 PM   #42
Major Player

Damn thing nearly made me cry...had you shown the next sequence of shots, I'd have been giving a standing ovation, even if it was just for the Nurse of the Month award.

Good work!
Patrick King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 20th, 2004, 02:31 PM   #43
Major Player

<<<-- Originally posted by Glen Elliott : It wasn't a "celebration" really it's an awards ceremony- I wanted it to have a more heart-felt dramatic feel to the opening. -->>>

My apologies. I misread.

Dennis Vogel
Old July 21st, 2004, 06:26 AM   #44
Wrangler

<<<-- Originally posted by Patrick King : Damn thing nearly made me cry...had you shown the next sequence of shots, I'd have been giving a standing ovation, even if it was just for the Nurse of the Month award.

Good work! -->>>

Thank you kindly. I'm finished the project (the actual awards ceremony) and am now working on the highlight vignette. I'll post it as soon as it's done. It's night and day compared to the opening peice- it's more upbeat and fast...more like a celebration I suppose. I did it to 1. Show range in my editing- as this is a possible opportunity to do contracted work for the state and 2. For the audience. I know the HSA's (position that is being honored) will definitly dig a more upbeat and fun style of montage.
Old July 24th, 2004, 11:33 AM   #45
Major Player

Really nice work, Glenn. A beautiful tribute to the nursing and healthcare organization you work for. I didn't know that you worked in the healthcare field. It's a field near and dear to my heart. Been a nurse for 12+ years. Done hematology oncology nursing for 7 1/2 years and ICU/CCU nursing for the rest. Really appreciate you sharing your gift of videography/editing in such a manner.

Regards,

Ted Fiebke, RN

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...