DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   What Happens in Vegas... (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/what-happens-vegas/)
-   -   Synchronizing using time code ADVICE (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/what-happens-vegas/293186-synchronizing-using-time-code-advice.html)

David Ruhland August 18th, 2009 09:39 AM

Synchronizing using time code ADVICE

I have two video tracks that I have captured that I just spent 2.0 hours manually synchrozing.

I am trying to figure out how to have the program do this for me. I have read and RE read the VEgas instructions but i cant get it to work. Both my camera clocks are set exactly the same time prior to video taping this project.

Here is My Procedure:

Open Existing Project

There are three clips on one line from my Canon HV30

There is one long continious clip from my canon GL2 on the other

I choose QUANTIZE FRAMES from the options menu

I choose IGNORE EVENT GROUPING and tun it OFF

I go to MULTI CAMERA in the tools menu, BUT.......LAY OUT TRACKS USING MEDIA is greyd out.

What am i doing wrong?

I surmise that i should be able to click this and it will arrange the clips in the roper order correct?

Eugenia Loli-Queru August 18th, 2009 05:12 PM

I believe the discussion here will help you: Multicam edit in Vegas Pro 8

David Ruhland August 19th, 2009 06:16 AM

still not working

I went to the link you described, I did everything and still cant get it to work. Do I need to do something special when I capture?

Edward Troxel August 19th, 2009 07:06 AM

I simply selected multiple clips and dragged them to a new timeline. The option was then available for me without needing to do anything further. However, I prefer syncing manually!

David Ruhland August 20th, 2009 10:28 AM

Getting there , but one difficulty yet

Okay Ed, I need to select the video BEFORE laying it on the timeline. Got it! Here is the problem... I select the clips I want, and as i drag them into the timline using the Synch to time line feature I am getting the message " SOME MEDIA DIS NOT HAVE VALID OFFSET INFORMATION AND WERE SKIPPED" message. This is on the Canon GL2 footage. I assume that I must have made a mistake in capture? or do I not have something turned on on the GL 2

So the footage shot with HV30 comes in and the GL footage is not coming in.

Thanks...we will get this figured out yet!

Edward Troxel August 20th, 2009 10:49 AM

Was the clock set on that camera?

David Ruhland August 20th, 2009 02:53 PM

The clock is set at least when i push the display, but perhaps there is a setting that it doesnt create a time code? Perhaps i do not understand time code properly, I am looking for information similer to EXIF data like on my still photos, Is there such a thing? Is there a way to see this info when working in vegas?

dave

Joe Parker August 20th, 2009 07:58 PM

I assume you mean time stamp not time code? We've only played with it, but we've never been able to get Vegas to sync to time stamp.

I'd be happy if it could just get us close, obviously the best we could expect from different clocks.

Edward Troxel August 21st, 2009 06:32 AM

In Vegas in the Explorer window, if you right-click the video file and choose "Properties", it will show you the details about that file.

Joe Parker August 21st, 2009 08:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Edward Troxel (Post 1250375)
it will show you the details about that file.

Well, most details. I've never been able to find anything in Vegas that will show you the timestamp.

Edward Troxel August 21st, 2009 09:18 AM

I think it depends on what TYPE of video. Here's what I get on a DV file:
Capture
Tape Name: LoveStory1
Recorded: Sunday, June 08, 2008 1:48:21 PM

But an m2t file does not show me that same information.