Vegas weirdness, and naming images with certain words.... - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Old August 1st, 2004, 01:11 AM   #16
Old Boot

. . . and another . . .

Aaron, all I did was to do a search using "CMX3600", came back with a few references where it "popped" up. Often it wasn't rel;ated BUT . .. Read some of the solutions to not being able to open media!! - reinstalls of Vegas and the like .. .

.. here yah go .. .

"Blufftitler creates .AVIs with different codecs that open fine in Media Player and Virtual Dub but, though they preview fine in Vegas they will not open.

The Vegas Explorer shows these files to be "CMX3600 : AVID / FINAL CUT".
"

http://mediasoftware.sonypictures.co...ssageID=303378

. .. and this was on the 5th July!

Grazie
Graham Bernard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 1st, 2004, 01:45 AM   #17
Trustee

Thanks Grazie. Yeah I saw that second post, I actually have a reply in there near the end. It's funny noone worked it out (assuming it's the same problem).

Must be years of debugging code that got me to work that one out. Always have to think of the most mental possibilities ;)

Aaron
Old August 1st, 2004, 01:54 AM   #18
Old Boot

Kool!

Why hasn't it been picked up? Search me! ... But I also think this has been at the root of a number if projects not wanting to open .. I'm thinking I've used "TITLE" for something akin to a folder for "TITLE" titles .. well you would, wouldn't you? This is more serious than just creating a workaround .. .TITLE is often used in film making AND in uppercase too! .. .

OK - Your piece of "code" .. I aint no programmer, must be a joke.. please explain .. please?

if ( strstr(filename, "TITLE") != NULL ) { fileType = FILETYPE_CMX3600EDL; }

.. Grazie
Old August 1st, 2004, 02:06 AM   #19
Trustee

Yeah it's a dumb geek joke relating to this error. After discovering it I had to place it in my sig for at least a while!

I was just imagining the stupid code they had, which just checked for the word 'TITLE' in the filename and if found, assumed it's a CMX3600 EDL.

Aza
Old August 1st, 2004, 02:23 AM   #20
Old Boot

LOL!
Old August 1st, 2004, 02:31 AM   #21
Old Boot

Well .. . more to the point, someone would have had to enter this, as a fix to something else - yes? This error doesn't appear in V4D ... I know I've checked it. However it does appear - and we know this - in V5b. So .. . something has been changed. Don't SONY:Vegas team run a diag on the whole prog after a bug fix? Why didn't it show up? .. . I suppose, more to the point, what - if any - bug was being fixed, if indeed this WAS the case?

I know, I know we could speculate and "Smack" our gums chewing over this particular fat for sometime to come . .. all we can do is keep a weather eye out for our colleagues coming across an issue and try to up-route it to the people who CAN make a change - Sony Madison .. . yeah?

Aaron, have you posted the same on the DMN forum?

Grazie
Old August 1st, 2004, 02:39 AM   #22
Trustee

Grazie, no I haven't posted on DMN. Feel free to though!

Aaron

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...