DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   What Happens in Vegas... (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/what-happens-vegas/)
-   -   ANNOUNCEMENT - Excalibur 3.0 now available! (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/what-happens-vegas/30886-announcement-excalibur-3-0-now-available.html)

Gary Kleiner August 23rd, 2004 02:21 PM

ANNOUNCEMENT - Excalibur 3.0 now available!

Introducing Excalibur 3.0 – Featuring The Multi-Cam Wizard

Edward Troxel and Gary Kleiner are excited to announce the latest version of their Excalibur software for Vegas.

In addition to an expanded interface, several important enhancements have been made, especially to its Multi-Camera editing capabilities.

Excalibur’s Sync Wizard, Multi-Cam Wizard, and the new Tally Light System work together to provide a workflow unmatched in the world of computer-based video editing.

Here are some of the new features:

>Sync Wizard can now automatically create a Picture-in-Picture matrix of all camera views, along with a numbered overlay so you can have an easy reference to all your footage.

>Typing in marker names to set your edit points has been replaced by a simple click of toolbar buttons and/or keyboard presses.

>With the new Tally Light System, as you switch from camera to camera, your Picture-In-Picture matrix updates to highlight the currently selected camera, making it much easier to keep track of the last camera selected.

>Multi-Cam Wizard now checks for consecutive edits to the same camera, catching potential problems before the final edit is assembled.

>Vegas’ powerful takes feature is now taken advantage of by allowing you to have each camera added as a take throughout the project, making it quick and easy to replace one camera view with another should you change your mind about your edit.

Excalibur 3.0 runs on Vegas 5.0b or higher.

Pricing: Excalibur 3.0 by email (pdf manual) $75
Excalibur 3.0 on CD (pdf and printed manual) $95
Upgrade from 2.0 by email $30
Upgrade from 2.0 on CD $40
Upgrade from 1.x by email $60
Upgrade from 1.x on CD $80

Excalibur 2.0 will remain available for Vegas 4 users at $65 (email version only).

Free upgrades from Excalibur 2.0 will be emailed to those who purchased Excalibur 2.0 since July 1, 2004. Please realize that no matter what day was chosen as the cutoff, some purchasers are going to fall right before that date. We must stick to the July 1st date, so please do not ask for exceptions.

To order or to download a trial version, please go to http://www.VegasTrainingAndTools.com

Thanks,
Gary

Barry Rivadue August 23rd, 2004 05:30 PM

I have the Excalibur 2.0 CD but have yet to use the program (but would like to upgrade to 3.0). However (and pardon my ignorance), I've never been able to install the program into a folder that I can actually access when summoning up the Scripts box in Vegas 5.0. What folder should I put it in?

P.S. The Vegas and DVD tutorials have been a tremendous help. :D

Edward Troxel August 23rd, 2004 07:27 PM

By default it should install in the proper place which is (for default installs of Vegas) at c:\program files\sony\vegas 5.0\Script Menu and will be placed in an Excalibur folder.

To access it, just start Vegas, go to Tools - Scripting and that menu will have an Excalibur listing. Pick that and a sub menu will open containing everything related to Excalibur.

Barry Rivadue August 23rd, 2004 07:29 PM

Thanks!

John Hartney August 23rd, 2004 08:21 PM

What if you keep c as the system drive and have programs on d?

Will excalibur follow where vegas is installed?

Edward Troxel August 23rd, 2004 09:11 PM

Yes, the install will follow the actual location Vegas was installed by default AS LONG AS Vegas has been run at least ONCE before Excalibur is installed.

Glen Elliott August 23rd, 2004 09:56 PM

Nice- thanks for the heads up. Excalibur is great- an invaluable tool for multi-cam wedding edits! I'm glad to see the multi-cam edit tool was expanded upon...it was already great before.

David Mintzer August 24th, 2004 10:45 PM

This upgrade rocks---!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Glen Elliott August 25th, 2004 01:10 PM

Gary/Edward...will there be a short clip showing it in action? I think it can be helpful to the newcomers that haven't seen the power of Excalibur.

Edward Troxel August 25th, 2004 01:40 PM

You're right. A "multi-cam editing primer using Excalibur 3" would probably be very helpful.