Error Bug in DVDA with I Markers at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Old August 25th, 2009, 05:04 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Error Bug in DVDA with I Markers

This is happened to me on a few occasions.

1.Render to DVDA with I Markers Checked
2. When in DVDA the MPEG2 file does not have IMarkers to make scene selections
3. If I re-render, its ok...
4. Is there a way to make I markers in DVDA without any additional rendering.

Help me....

Thomas
Attached Thumbnails
Error Bug in DVDA with I Markers-dvda-error.jpg  
Old August 25th, 2009, 07:02 PM   #2
Inner Circle

I'm confused. Are you rendering in DVDA OR Vegas?
I've never had an issue in either (99.999% of the time I render in Vegas and bring into DVDA) with scene selection menus. I have never had to check or uncheck I frames.
When you render in Vegas, the render menu gives you certain options and I frames is one of them but I have never and I mean never touched that. No reason too.

A bit more information as to what program you're rendering in and what is actually on the render menu.
Old August 25th, 2009, 09:35 PM   #3
Regular Crew

Hey Don,

I am using Sony Vegas 7 Pro and I render in Vegas. Then open the MPEG2 in DVDA 4. This only happens one in 10 times. It's very annoying when this does happen.

I've done a fair amount of research on seveal other boards regarding this matter. And several persons have suggested to make sure my I markers are checked...

T
Old August 26th, 2009, 04:49 AM   #4
Inner Circle

yes the I frame button needs to be checked but I don't think that's the cause of the problem.

In Vegas you need to set the markers where you want them before rendering, then render to MPG and check the box on the render menu "include markers" or something like that. It on the first page when you open the menu 'render as'. When you goto MPG it should be there on the bottom. If that'ss not check the markers will not be there.
When you insert the scene menu in DVDA simply decide how many menu pages you want/need based on the number of chapters you have and that should be it.
I've been using Vegas/DVDA since early version 2 and IIRC that's the way it's always been.
Old August 26th, 2009, 05:06 AM   #5
Inner Circle

Thomas, when the markers don't automatically load, have you tried pressing the Load Markers button?
Mike Kujbida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 26th, 2009, 06:26 AM   #6
Regular Crew

Mike is the "Load Markers Button" In DVDA?

TR
Old August 26th, 2009, 06:27 AM   #7
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Bloom View Post
yes the I frame button needs to be checked but I don't think that's the cause of the problem.

In Vegas you need to set the markers where you want them before rendering, then render to MPG and check the box on the render menu "include markers" or something like that. It on the first page when you open the menu 'render as'. When you goto MPG it should be there on the bottom. If that'ss not check the markers will not be there.
When you insert the scene menu in DVDA simply decide how many menu pages you want/need based on the number of chapters you have and that should be it.
I've been using Vegas/DVDA since early version 2 and IIRC that's the way it's always been.
Don, This is exactly what I've been doing since Version 3 as well. Thanks~ TR
Old August 26th, 2009, 07:13 AM   #8
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas Roberts View Post
Mike is the "Load Markers Button" In DVDA?
Yes it is.
It's down in the timeline area and should be just above the Timecode display window.

There's also a free script on the VASST site called DVDA chapter from Vegas marker that I've used periodically when I run into situations like yours.
It generates an *.sfl file from Vegas timeline markers, which can then be imported into DVDA as chapter points.
Mike Kujbida is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...