Vegas Video discussions from 2005 (Q1Q2) - Page 18 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Closed Thread

Old January 19th, 2005, 03:07 PM   #256
Regular Crew

Got it , I was downloading filters individually but with the whole package there was an installer that did it for me.

By the way , anybody could redirect me to any webpage that has Vegas filters.

Thanks

Phil

My website: www.production24fps.com/english.php
Old January 19th, 2005, 04:42 PM   #257
Regular Crew

I figure if someone copies my work they are most likely to share with a family member or close friend. So i don't expect to find out about it. I just wondered if I could make it harder for an inexperienced person to copy with ease. Maybe a software that would not let them copy without some third party software like dvd shrink ect. You all are probably right and I should not worry about it. Not like they are costing me millions.
Old January 19th, 2005, 07:15 PM   #258
Major Player

DVD Architect and Picture Compilations

Ok, this doesn't make sense to me. You can take 5MB of pictures and drag them into the compilation window in DVD Architect and the disk space used goes up 300MB! Why is this?

I'm new to this program. Is there a way to reduce the amount of space that photos take up in DVD Architect?

It doesn't matter how small the pictures actually are, they take up the same amount of DVD space... which I think is too much.

"Good taste is the enemy of creativity" - Picasso

Blog: http://www.tonyhall.name
Old January 19th, 2005, 08:54 PM   #259
Sponsor: JET DV

Because it's taking that 5 meg worth of pictures and turning them into a 300 meg movie.
Old January 19th, 2005, 09:31 PM   #260
Major Player

Ok, but that really doesn't seem like the smartest thing to do. Couldn't it just make a 720x480 progressive frame out of the picture? That would take less room.

I've used el cheapo software that handled slideshows better. I wish there was a way to do this with Architect without having to do it manually.

"Good taste is the enemy of creativity" - Picasso

Blog: http://www.tonyhall.name
Old January 19th, 2005, 10:22 PM   #261

DVDs are MPEG2 video. You feed it a still image and it has to convert it into something that can be read by the DVD player. The longer each image is displayed, the longer the MPEG2 file will be. Of course the bitrate chosen will also affect the length.
Old January 19th, 2005, 11:42 PM   #262
Old Boot

Please check this Issue! I need somebody to repeat this one . ..

Well - could somebody please test this issue?

Rob, I'm mid-project and loathe to update whikle I'm amongst this one! Hah! But come March I'll consider it.

Oh yes, I diodn't get notifacation - again! - of your addition to this thread. This is NOT the first time. Hmmm... Chris? Ken?

Grazie
Old January 20th, 2005, 08:25 AM   #263
Major Player

I've encountered reported larger file sizes than outputted. I believe I put roughly 400 slides onto a DVD and the output was to be 6gigs but was under 4 when down.

Was the file size you received before or after export?
Old January 20th, 2005, 05:46 PM   #264
Regular Crew

Anyone using Winmorph in Vegas 5?

Thanks,

KIM
Old January 20th, 2005, 07:31 PM   #265
Regular Crew

VEGAS CAN'T edit ANAMORPHIC PAL

I need advice from those of you guys who edit PAL - anamorphic footage on VEGAS.

I shot feature on DVX100AE (PAL) with anamorphic adapter.
After the capture I cant make my Vegas to burn 16:9 footage.

Why?

1) When you capture your PAL anamorphic footage what settings do you use?

2) When rendering for (CD or DVD) what settings do you use?
I need AVI and MpG renders but did not get 16:9 footage at all.

If you edit PAL anamorphic, please contact me cos it looks like till now (after 3 days of "trying") I am still in the point where I started. I just have captured 13 hours of footage but I am not able to BURN a CD which will be 16:9 at all.

Thanks for your help.
voytek
Old January 20th, 2005, 09:33 PM   #266
Major Player

You don't need to do anything special when you capture. If you use in camera anamorphic, the DV stream will be flagged as 16:9 and Vegas will recognise it.

However, as you have used an anamorphic adaptor, the camera (and hence the computer) doesn't know it's anamorphic and assumes 4:3.

This is no big deal - in the media pool, you just need to right click the clip and select properties, then change the pixel aspect to PAL DV widescreen. Then make sure you set the project properties to PAL DV widescreen and everything should work itself out.

When rendering to DV select the PAL DV widescreen template. When rendering to mpeg2 for DVD, select the relevant DVD format (PAL) and click the settings button. Go to video and change the display to '16:9', then render.

BTW, this is all from memory so some of the terms may not be exactly as they appear, but I'm sure you'll figure it out.

Cheers.
Old January 21st, 2005, 10:14 AM   #267
Regular Crew

Text Animation

Others Have told me that it is easy to animate text the way i want in vegas. Could someone give me an overview of the process. Say i want to have words or letters of those words fly off the screen in different directions independently. How would i even begin. This is an example iv seen of things id like to do but i am a real novice.

http://s92274348.onlinehome.us/Video/swirl.wmv

Could you help?
Old January 21st, 2005, 10:21 AM   #268
Wrangler

Ok to mix PCM and AC-3 on DVD?

Is it ok to use some tracks with AC-3 audio and some PCM on a DVD or do they have to be universal throughout?
Old January 21st, 2005, 10:45 AM   #269

Not sure exactly why you would want to but here goes:

By default DVDA will convert everything to AC-3

You can either change the default or override the default to PCM

If you go to the File - Optimize screen, you can individually pick the format for each audio element to be PCM or AC3 - whichever you prefer - and can easily mix the two.
Old January 21st, 2005, 10:47 AM   #270

If the words all fly off individually then they will all have to be individual events. Have one track per word and then you can control how each word moves individually.
Closed Thread

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...