Vegas Video discussions from 2005 (Q1Q2) - Page 25 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Closed Thread

Old January 28th, 2005, 04:31 PM   #361
Inner Circle

Slow rewind back through chapters ? How ?

I used DVD Architect to make my first DVD. Each chapter was a separate movie file. While I was able to set up the links so that fast forwarding would advance through the chapters, what actions must be set to allow rewinding through chapters ? Right now, on my Sony DVD player, rewinding seems to stop at the
start of the chapter. Thanks for any help.
Old January 28th, 2005, 09:39 PM   #362
Wrangler

burn multiple vcds from timeline

When I try to burn more than one vcd from the Vegas5 timeline I get the message, ".....project.mpg already exists. Do you want to overwrite?"

Is this okay, or am I doing something wrong?
Old January 28th, 2005, 10:35 PM   #363
Regular Crew

In the middle of the Burn Video CD dialog box, there is a place to check 'use existing file'. Check it and point it to the file you've created.

Gary
Old January 28th, 2005, 10:37 PM   #364
Regular Crew

This may be up to how your (or all) DVD players work, and is why you should set up your chapters from one file.

Gary
Old January 28th, 2005, 11:00 PM   #365
Wrangler

Well, now! There it was--staring right in my face! I'm not embarrassed or anything. I've gotta get some training....

Thank you, Gary; it worked like a charm.
Old January 29th, 2005, 08:34 AM   #366
Regular Crew

Vegas can't find my files

I've run into this a couple of times now. When I open a saved project vegas tells me it cannot find some of the files. It asks if I want to search for them, give their location(s), or leave the files offline and proceed with the project. This is becoming very annoying as I have to find the files, which are where they've always been, and continue. sometimes my clips will be there sometimes not...Also I just opened a small project with pan/zoom on stills and my pans and crops were all messed up (not the way I had saved them).
Old January 29th, 2005, 11:10 AM   #367

FX-1/Z1U owners...

As you might have discovered, there is a *slight* shift in color when converting the Cineform avi BACK to a transport stream for printing back to tape on the FX1, Z1, or M10U deck. We've been looking into this for a bit of time, and based on feedback from the guys at Sony and Cineform, Mark Dileo, co-author of the HDV book, came up with a preset. On scopes it's great, on a CRT it's accurate to the eye and to the scope, but would love some feedback.
You can download the preset on the VASST Veg files pages, http://www.vasst.com/login.htm if you'd like to play with it. You'll want to apply it to the Preview window for a final render. I'd recommend just doing a short render to save time, but we'd appreciate your feedback.
Thanks to Mark for taking the time out to work on correcting this.
http://www.vasst.com
Old January 29th, 2005, 11:23 AM   #368
Sponsor: JET DV

It will also give this message if you have files there were used once, but are no longer on the timeline, but ARE still in the media pool. You might want to try clearing the media pool of any files that may have been deleted.
Old January 29th, 2005, 01:06 PM   #369
Regular Crew

Also, and I'm stating the obvious, if you've renamed the files. Had that happen to me a few times.

Pans and crops should be fine unless you change the properties of the project (e.g., from 4:3 to 16:9 widescreen).
Old January 29th, 2005, 01:07 PM   #370
Regular Crew

Is there a quick start guide?

I like the results I have seen from this program but when I tried to use it I got impatient. I am a premiere user. Anyone know of some wuick start tutorials for V5?
Old January 29th, 2005, 04:09 PM   #371
Major Player

Setting Audio Preferrences in Vegas 5.0

Last night I was watching a video that I completed, and rendered - first as an AVI file - then I took that AVI file and rendered it as a MPEG 2 file - and then I was watching it on a nice big TV.

I noticed that my audio had changed from the track that I had mixed. I generally mix in SAWSTUDIO then move it over to DC6 to clean up any noise issues that might exist.

To my horror I discovered that it sounded like it had been really compressed - beyond what I had heard in the mix.

So as I was driving home today, I rememebered that Vegas has this habit of automatically adding 3 FX's to you audio tracks - a compressor, noise gate and one EQ.

I had rendered it twice sending the track through those plugins without realizing it.

My question is how do I set my preferences to NOT having those plug-ins inserted?

And why does Vegas think I want them?

Thanks
Milt Lee
Old January 29th, 2005, 04:58 PM   #372
Regular Crew

I'm assuming that since you made an Mpeg2, that you made a DVD.

How did you encode the audio? Did you create the DVD with PCM or AC-3?

If it was AC-3, what settings were used? Try setting your Preprocessing>Dynamic range compression> line mode profile to None.

The three audio FX assigned to each audio track are set to null settings, so that shouldn't be a problem. If you do want the default to be without FX, delete them, than right-click and choose 'Set Default Track Properties'.

Gary
Old January 29th, 2005, 05:33 PM   #373
Major Player

is there anywhere to download color corrector profiles for 5.0d?

Im just wondering if anyone has any profiles/settings that might mimic some Magic Bullet type settings for the nice color corrector in Vegas 5.0d.

Or we can share them here and I can post them for download on my website for everyone.
Old January 29th, 2005, 07:23 PM   #374
Major Player

I didn't notice colour shift on LCD HDTV..

So..... is this only a CRT specific situation?
Despite not having the LCD HDTV next to any of my editing PCs, I'm certain there's no colour shift - slight or otherwise - that I noticed going back to tape from my CFHD timeline FX-1 stuff.

I did notice (on my old Pana CRT HDTV which I sold to a friend) that there was a 'bleaching' , but that was from DVD and I've always worried about how my friend adjusts his video equipment.... Hmm, perhaps it is a CRT specific issue, and not my friend's crappy eyesight!!
Old January 29th, 2005, 07:25 PM   #375

I'm quite certain there IS a color shift. Sony have acknowledged the issue, and they're on it already. You might not be seeing the shift, but it's there. Use your scopes on both files, and see what you get.
http://www.vasst.com
Closed Thread

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...